Re: [Genealogy Research Club] searching for Horse or Haus or ? and Lacy

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 15, 2012
      On 4/11/2012 9:43 PM, Diane S wrote:
      > In the approval of Rev. War pension for Captain William York, in
      > addition to the known York 'heirs' I found 'Lettie' Horse (this has
      > really perplexed me) and Margaret Lacy.

      They are probably married sisters of Capt William York, How do you know
      they were sisters? When did he he apply for a pension. Have you looked
      at the Census around the time of his application for Lacys and names
      similar to or sound like Hoars.

      The person who wrote the application was probably not Capt William and
      wrote what he thought he heard and how it was spelled.

      > I have no idea what their birth order but would be between 1790 when
      > Thomas York was born and 1799 when my 2nd great-grandfather Josiah
      > Cowan York was born.

      Where did the York families live before they migrated to Carroll County GA.

      > These sisters remained behind when most of the rest of the family
      > migrated to Carroll County in West Georgia abt 1826 along with a
      > large group of families from either Roane, Washington, or nearby
      > counties in Tennessee.
      >
      > Some of the names were, besides York, - Blake, Philpot, Looney,
      > Leathers, and other men who formed the membership of The Pony
      > Club...

      If these are some of the surname in Carroll County after 1826 they are
      irrelevant to your query.

      bob gillis