RE: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Names Searching: RAYER, DUMPERT, ...

  • Lynette Fowlston
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
      I was trying to trace my ggg grandfather and the maternal lines and was
      wondering if anyone had come across the names I had listed.

      Here is what info I have on them

      Name: William Reyer
      Age in 1870: 69
      Birth Year: abt 1801
      Birthplace: Prussia
      Home in 1870: Logan, Dearborn, Indiana
      Race: White

      He was married to Clara Dela Cruze(Cruse).
      Clara died in 1868 and William in 1872.

      They are both buried in Saint Johns Church Cemetery, Dover, Dearborn,
      Indiana

      Note: last names mis-transcribed, listed as Bayer, should be Rayer.

      I have the info on both his son William and grandson Henry except for their
      wives.

      Williams wife is Ann McNally

      Wm. Rayer 42, Head, OH-1838-?? Exeter Nebraska
      Ann Rayer 38, Wife, Ireland- between 1842-1846 is all I can find

      William Rayer married Ann McNally in 1859, in Dearborn County Indiana.

      Henry Rayer July 1868 Ill- 1945 Nebraska married to Catherine Dumpert-1873
      ?? - 1937 Exeter Nebraska

      The Dumpert Line I have back to Franz and no further. Who I cannot find is
      the parents of Kunigunda Miller who is the mother of Catherine Dumpert.

      Working with a German Group and 3 different census we figured that Kate
      Dumpert and Catherine Dumpert were the same person and that her mother's
      name was Kunigunda(Townie)(Miller)Dumpert The dates I have on her are March
      18, 1846 Bayern Baveria and Aug 26 ,1914 in Exeter Nebraska

      I don't know what other info to give you short of sending you to the site I
      have my family tree on.

      Lynn

      .

      Miss Lynn - what specific information are you looking for,
      and what specific information do you already have,
      and for which specific people?

    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2012
        > I don't know what other info to give you short of sending you
        > to the site I have my family tree on.

        That is PRECISELY the information that would be useful -
        because I presume that your family tree site gives the same information that you just summarized!

        I presume that you have these censuses -
        1900 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska - Henry Rayer
        1885 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska - William Royer
        1880 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska - William Rayer

        > Home in 1870: Logan, Dearborn, Indiana

        You also apparently have these 1870 censuses -

        1870 Rogers, Ford, Illinois (indexed as surname ROGERS)
        Royers, William/32:OH, Ann/35:Ire, John W/10:IN
        (), Andrew J/8:IN, James E/6:IN, Henry/2:IL, George C/4m:IL

        1870 Logan (P.O. Kelso), Dearborn, Indiana
        Reyer, William, 69, retired farmer, born Prussia
        (adjacent to household of)
        Reyer, Henry/37:Prussia, Mary/30:IN, Clara/11:IN, Edward/10:IN,
        (), Charles/8, Josephina/6, William/5, Adelbert/3, Robert/9m

        Going back one more census -

        1860 Logan, Dearborn, Indiana
        Rear, William/22:OH, Ann/27:Ire, John W/1m:IN
        (adjacent to household of)
        Rear, William/60:Prussia, Clarra/52:Hanover,
        (), Josephene/16:OH, Francis/11:OH

        Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941
        Name: Ann McNally
        Spouse Name: William Rayer
        Marriage Date: 17 Aug 1859 Dearborn County
        Source Title 1: Dearborn County Indiana
        Source Title 2: Marriages 1854 - 1869 Books 9 - 11
        Book: 9 - OS Page: 607

        And back one more census -
        1850 Kelso, Dearborn, Indiana
        Raw, William/50:Ger, Clara/42:Ger, Henry/17:Ger,
        (), William/12:OH, Sophira/8:OH, Josephena/5:OH, Frank F/1:OH
        NOTE: surname could also be read as RAIR
        NOTE: implied immigration date-range of 1833-1838

        - Tom Knox

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 9, 2012
          Yes what you sent is what I have, And it's like a dead end from there. And
          that's what I have on the family tree. I have been through the Ellis
          Island site, Through family search ,Ancestry as far as I can go without
          costing more money so I will leave this as a dead end for now.