1940 census

  • NJREADERS@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2012
      does anyone have a site that will print an image of a page from the 1940
      census on the full 8.5 x 11 paper?
      I've used some sites but they print way too small and I can't figure out
      how to enlarge it
      thanks
      peggy

    • Clark Pederson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 5, 2012
        Save it to your desktop computer as a jpg picture file & then print it as a full page picture.
        Good Luck!

        Sent from my iPad

        On Apr 4, 2012, at 2:18 PM, NJREADERS@... wrote:

        > does anyone have a site that will print an image of a page from the 1940
        > census on the full 8.5 x 11 paper?
        > I've used some sites but they print way too small and I can't figure out
        > how to enlarge it
        > thanks
        > peggy

      • Constance Campbell
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 5, 2012
          If you're on a PC, you can save the image to your computer set to open in Windows photo viewer. The default prints one page of a census record at 8.5 by 11 paper in landscape. I just did one. It's still small, but I can read it with my reading glasses.
          Connie

          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 15, 2012
            On 4/4/2012 5:18 PM, NJREADERS@... wrote:
            > does anyone have a site that will print an image of a page from the 1940
            > census on the full 8.5 x 11 paper?
            > I've used some sites but they print way too small and I can't figure out
            > how to enlarge it

            I have used the NARA site page. I get the image and save it to file. I
            then open it in my photo program, I use Irfanview, and print. I can
            read the information. The Column Headings and Symbols and Explanatory
            Notes are found on an number of sites. I Googled 1940 Federal Population
            Census and found it at
            http://www.archives.gov/research/census/1940/general-info.html

            bob gillis