Re: [Genealogy Research Club] SANDBERG,Ivor was [New Here\

  • bob gillis
    Message 1 of 20 , Apr 4, 2012
      On 3/12/2012 12:42 AM, Ann Courtney wrote:
      > My sources of information are a photo copy of Church Records for
      > Ivar's birth and confirmation in Norway, Luther College in Iowa and
      > a photo copy of some kind of immigration which Ivar came to America
      > on 5/30/1900.The photo copies are all in Noregen, (sp?) [why not use
      > Norwegian ].

      I do not know what document you have a copy of but the Passenger
      Arrivals List for the USA are in English. I did find using Steve Morse's
      site at http://www.stevemorse.org/:

      First Name: Iver
      Last Name: Sandbeck
      Ethnicity: Norway, Norwegian
      Last Place of Residence: Christiania
      Date of Arrival: Mar 18, 1899
      Age at Arrival: 17y Gender: M Marital Status: S
      Ship of Travel: Campania
      Port of Departure: Liverpool
      Manifest Line Number: 0022
      He was going to Minneapolis, MN

      Is this your Ivor

      > I personally talked to people at Luther College to get information
      > from them. He started at Luther College in 1904. I also know that he
      > went to Farmer's College in Minneapolis Minnesota before he went to
      > Luther College, according to his obit. I can't find anything on him
      > between 1897-1900 (in Norway) and 1900 to 1904 (in America) other
      > than the photo copy of immigration. I think that I can read on the
      > photo copy of immigration that he might of gone to Belegrade,
      > Minnesota. I have never heard of that town. I'm not even sure if he
      > went there or not.

      Belgrade MN is about 21 miles SSW of Sauk Center in Stearns County on\m
      Route US 71

      There are no US Federal records between the 1900 and 1910 Census. There
      is a 1905 MN Census which you can search on familysearch.org.

      Search and Browse the NOR-NORDLAND list on rootsweb.

      > As for his parents and sister, I can't find them any where else
      > other than what is listed above and a 1875 Census of Rodoy, Norway,
      > which lists his parents and his sister.

      Probably his parents and sister did not emigrate.

      > On 3/5/2012 10:52 PM, Ann wrote:
      >> 2) Ivar K Sandberg b-7/22/1882, Meloy, Helgeland, Norway d-1973,
      >> Minnesota married to Marion Berrum on Oct 4, 1917, Wisconsin They
      >> had 2 daughters and 3 sons. His parents are Anton P Kruger/Anton
      >> Pareli Glad Pederson/Anton Parelie and Anne/Ane Isaacson.
      >
      > NOTE: I'm trying
      >> to find any paper trail of Ivar between 1882-1902 and I would like
      >> to find anything regarding his parents. I know that Ivar had a
      >> sister, Pedra Antondatter. Ivar was also known as Iver Sandberg
      >> Antonsen.

      Norway baptisms, marriages and burials are on FS.

      bob gillis