Names Searching

  • misslynn_1944
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 3, 2012
      I am a new member and here are the lines I am searching my Grandfathers line Henry Rayer. I am stopped at his grandfather from Prussia and Henry's mother Ann McNalley from Ireland.
      Also Henry Rayers Wife Catherine Dumpert. I find the male line back 4 generations from Germany but not of the wives and also her mother Kunigunda Miller is all I can find.Henry and Catherine both died in Exeter Nebraska

      Henry Rayer 1868 Sporingfield Ill,Nov 3 1945 Exeter Nebraska
      Father and grandfather both named William can also be spealed Reyer, Rear, Raw

      Catherine Dumpert 1873 ?? I think Nebraska 1937 Exeter Nebraska
      Father Heinrich D Dumpert- Miother Kunigunda Miller

      Thanks
    • Mark F Rabideau
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 3, 2012
        I am not certain what you are asking...but, it's probably just me.

        Pax Vobiscum,
        ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

        ManyRoads Family Genealogist (Rabideau-Henss Family); *Professional
        Genealogist *
        *Visit us at: http://many-roads.com <http://many-roads.com/> *
        *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
        *phone:*+1.303.660.9400 *fax:*+1.303.660.9217
        *member:*Association of Professional Genealogists & National
        Genealogical Society
        *"It's always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
        want him or whether you don't."*

        Rabbit, Pooh's Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)

        On 04/03/2012 09:33 AM, misslynn_1944 wrote:

        > I am a new member and here are the lines I am searching my
        > Grandfathers line Henry Rayer. I am stopped at his grandfather from
        > Prussia and Henry's mother Ann McNalley from Ireland.
        > Also Henry Rayers Wife Catherine Dumpert. I find the male line back 4
        > generations from Germany but not of the wives and also her mother
        > Kunigunda Miller is all I can find.Henry and Catherine both died in
        > Exeter Nebraska
        >
        > Henry Rayer 1868 Sporingfield Ill,Nov 3 1945 Exeter Nebraska
        > Father and grandfather both named William can also be spealed Reyer,
        > Rear, Raw
        >
        > Catherine Dumpert 1873 ?? I think Nebraska 1937 Exeter Nebraska
        > Father Heinrich D Dumpert- Miother Kunigunda Miller
        >
        > Thanks

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 4, 2012
          > I am not certain what you are asking...but, it's probably just me.

          Mark - no, it's not just you.

          Miss Lynn - what specific information are you looking for,
          and what specific information do you already have,
          and for which specific people?

          1920 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska
          Rayer, Henry/50:IL:OH:Ire, Kate/47:Prussia/imm:1881
          (), Mary/21, Henrietta/19, Sophia/15, Paul/9
          1910 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska
          Rayer, Henry A/42:IL:Can:Ire, Kate/37:Germany/imm:1882
          - married.1 19 years, 8 children 5 living
          (), Rosa M/14, Mary C/11, Etta M/10, Sophia B/5, Paul F/2m
          NOTE: family found in 1900 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska

          1900 Friend, Saline, Nebraska
          Dumpert, Henry/66:Ger, Townie/54:Ger
          - married 28 years, 10 children 10 living, imm:1882
          (), Barbra/31:Ger, Valentine/26:Ger, Ollie J/18:NE
          (), Rebeca T/14:NE, Rosa M/7:NE

          found at http://CastleGarden.org
          Last name First_name Age Sex Arrival_Date
          DUMPERT ADAM 9 M 15 May 1882
          DUMPERT ANDREAS 2 M 15 May 1882
          DUMPERT ANNA 4 F 15 May 1882
          DUMPERT BARBARA 14 F 15 May 1882
          DUMPERT CATHARINA 7 F 15 May 1882
          DUMPERT HEINR. 38 M 15 May 1882
          DUMPERT JOHANN 7 M 15 May 1882
          DUMPERT KUNIGUNDE 3 F 15 May 1882
          DUMPERT KUNIGUNDE 36 F 15 May 1882
          DUMPERT VALENTIN 10 M 15 May 1882
          SHIP: NECKAR
          DEPARTED: BREMEN, GERMANY
          DESTINATION: PITTSBURGH

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Mark F Rabideau <genealogy@...> wrote:

          > I am not certain what you are asking...but, it's probably just me.
          > Pax Vobiscum,
          > ...mark (Mark Rabideau)
          > *Visit us at: http://many-roads.com
          >

          > On 04/03/2012 09:33 AM, misslynn_1944 wrote:
          > >
          > > I am a new member and here are the lines I am searching my Grandfathers line Henry Rayer. I am stopped at his grandfather from Prussia and Henry's mother Ann McNalley from Ireland. Also Henry Rayers Wife Catherine Dumpert. I find the male line back 4 generations from Germany but not of the wives and also her mother Kunigunda Miller is all I can find.Henry and Catherine both died in Exeter Nebraska
          > >
          > > Henry Rayer 1868 Sporingfield Ill,Nov 3 1945 Exeter Nebraska
          > > Father and grandfather both named William can also be spealed Reyer,
          > > Rear, Raw
          > >
          > > Catherine Dumpert 1873 ?? I think Nebraska 1937 Exeter Nebraska
          > > Father Heinrich D Dumpert- Miother Kunigunda Miller
          > >
          > > Thanks

        • Lynette Fowlston
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 5, 2012
            I was trying to trace my ggg grandfather and the maternal lines and was
            wondering if anyone had come across the names I had listed.

            Here is what info I have on them

            Name: William Reyer
            Age in 1870: 69
            Birth Year: abt 1801
            Birthplace: Prussia
            Home in 1870: Logan, Dearborn, Indiana
            Race: White

            He was married to Clara Dela Cruze(Cruse).
            Clara died in 1868 and William in 1872.

            They are both buried in Saint Johns Church Cemetery, Dover, Dearborn,
            Indiana

            Note: last names mis-transcribed, listed as Bayer, should be Rayer.

            I have the info on both his son William and grandson Henry except for their
            wives.

            Williams wife is Ann McNally

            Wm. Rayer 42, Head, OH-1838-?? Exeter Nebraska
            Ann Rayer 38, Wife, Ireland- between 1842-1846 is all I can find

            William Rayer married Ann McNally in 1859, in Dearborn County Indiana.

            Henry Rayer July 1868 Ill- 1945 Nebraska married to Catherine Dumpert-1873
            ?? - 1937 Exeter Nebraska

            The Dumpert Line I have back to Franz and no further. Who I cannot find is
            the parents of Kunigunda Miller who is the mother of Catherine Dumpert.

            Working with a German Group and 3 different census we figured that Kate
            Dumpert and Catherine Dumpert were the same person and that her mother's
            name was Kunigunda(Townie)(Miller)Dumpert The dates I have on her are March
            18, 1846 Bayern Baveria and Aug 26 ,1914 in Exeter Nebraska

            I don't know what other info to give you short of sending you to the site I
            have my family tree on.

            Lynn

            .

            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 6, 2012
              > I don't know what other info to give you short of sending you
              > to the site I have my family tree on.

              That is PRECISELY the information that would be useful -
              because I presume that your family tree site gives the same information that you just summarized!

              I presume that you have these censuses -
              1900 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska - Henry Rayer
              1885 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska - William Royer
              1880 Exeter, Fillmore, Nebraska - William Rayer

              > Home in 1870: Logan, Dearborn, Indiana

              You also apparently have these 1870 censuses -

              1870 Rogers, Ford, Illinois (indexed as surname ROGERS)
              Royers, William/32:OH, Ann/35:Ire, John W/10:IN
              (), Andrew J/8:IN, James E/6:IN, Henry/2:IL, George C/4m:IL

              1870 Logan (P.O. Kelso), Dearborn, Indiana
              Reyer, William, 69, retired farmer, born Prussia
              (adjacent to household of)
              Reyer, Henry/37:Prussia, Mary/30:IN, Clara/11:IN, Edward/10:IN,
              (), Charles/8, Josephina/6, William/5, Adelbert/3, Robert/9m

              Going back one more census -

              1860 Logan, Dearborn, Indiana
              Rear, William/22:OH, Ann/27:Ire, John W/1m:IN
              (adjacent to household of)
              Rear, William/60:Prussia, Clarra/52:Hanover,
              (), Josephene/16:OH, Francis/11:OH

              Indiana Marriage Collection, 1800-1941
              Name: Ann McNally
              Spouse Name: William Rayer
              Marriage Date: 17 Aug 1859 Dearborn County
              Source Title 1: Dearborn County Indiana
              Source Title 2: Marriages 1854 - 1869 Books 9 - 11
              Book: 9 - OS Page: 607

              And back one more census -
              1850 Kelso, Dearborn, Indiana
              Raw, William/50:Ger, Clara/42:Ger, Henry/17:Ger,
              (), William/12:OH, Sophira/8:OH, Josephena/5:OH, Frank F/1:OH
              NOTE: surname could also be read as RAIR
              NOTE: implied immigration date-range of 1833-1838

              - Tom Knox

              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 9, 2012
                Yes what you sent is what I have, And it's like a dead end from there. And
                that's what I have on the family tree. I have been through the Ellis
                Island site, Through family search ,Ancestry as far as I can go without
                costing more money so I will leave this as a dead end for now.