Re: Brick wall: TRIG/TRIGG, Benjamin; b. ca. Nov 1866 in CO, died ??

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 7, 2012
      more bits & pieces -

      > 1930 Marble Front, Canyon, Idaho
      > F J Mcdonald 70 widow born Can:Can:Can, imm:1880
      > Ben Trigg 60 brother-in-law single born CO:MO:VA

      F.J. McDonnell/McDonald, husband of Phama/Thammie/Mabel ?
      Idaho Death Index, 1911-51
      Name: McDonell, Finley J.
      Year: 1934
      Certificate Number: 087439
      County of Death: Canyon
      City: Caldwell
      Date of Death: 6 Feb 1934
      Date of Birth: 10 Apr 1857

      > 1880 El Paso, Colorado
      > Trigg, Isabel/43:VA:VA:VA/head/widow
      > Martin, Fendol/74:VA:VA:VA/father, J W/28:MO:VA:VA/brother
      > Trigg, Phama/13:CO:MO:VA/dau, Benjamin/12:CO:MO:VA/son

      This could be Ben Trigg in 1885 -
      1885 El Paso, Colorado (state census)
      Peabody, Jno, 35 married stockman born MS
      (), Abbie, 34 married housewife born MS
      Trigg, Benj, 17 single boarder laborer born CO:MO:MO
      NOTE: indexed as FRIGG

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

      > - Tom Knox
      >

      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "mdeweygardner" <mdeweygardner@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is what I know: Ben Trigg was born ca. 1866 in Colorado to Isabel Martin Trigg (b. ca 1837 in VA to Fendol L. Martin and Jane F. Davis... I have some info on Isabel's line).
      > >
      > > I have no information at all about Ben's father. Isabel is listed as a widow in later censuses, the census in 1880 lists that she was married around 1865 to Trigg (first name unknown).
      > >
      > > Ben had a sister listed in the 1880 census named Phama Trigg, she was born ca. 1867.
      > >
      > > Ben was in Malheur, Oregon in the 1900 Census, where he was listed as a border with Aaron Gardner.
      > >
      > > Ben had a son (Alfred Gardner, b. 1898) with Aaron's daughter Dora Gardner (Ben and Dora never married, Dora also had another son with a different man with whom she never married either, and then she died young... sounds scandalous).
      > > Alfred is my paternal gr-grandfather, so Ben is my 2x-great-grandfather.
      > >
      > > I do not know what became of Ben Trigg. I found a Ben Trigy (perhaps transcription error) listed in the 1930 census in Marble, Idaho, listed as the brother-in-law of an F.D. McDonald. Perhaps Phama's husband?
      > >
      > > I'm curious what became of him, but also in particular about his paternal line, since I know nothing of Ben's father. Any info about Benjamin Trigg, Phama Trigg (female) or their father FNU Trigg, would be appreciated.
      > >
      > > Thanks, Mark

    • mdeweygardner
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 7, 2012
        I think we're getting somewhere, a few lines down from Finley J. and Mabel in the 1910 Malheur Co., OR census are the Gardners of my line... proximity often means something in these old mining towns!