San Francisco History Expo 2012 - March 3-4, 2012

  • eugenia_ep
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 22, 2012
      I am sharing this email with you about the up coming San Francisco History Expo 2012. I am going to attempt to go. And thought of you, that you might be interested in attending.

      The Expo is Saturday and Sunday, March 3 and 4, at The Old Mint, 88 Fifth St., San Francisco, CA, 94142, Hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day

      For more information about the San Francisco History Expo 2012 see the email below and/or web site: http://sfhistoryexpo.org

      Information about the San Francisco Historical Society http://sfhistory.org
      Humboldt Bank Building
      785 Market Street, Suite 510
      San Francisco, CA 94103
      Phone: (415) 537-1105
      Fax: (415) 537-1108
      email: info@...
      Information Line: (415) 775-1111

      Information about The Old Mint: http://events.sfgate.com/san-francisco-ca/venues/show/981643-the-old-mint
      88 Fifth St.
      San Francisco, CA, 94142
      (415) 537-1105

      Best to you in all you do.

      Love Eugenia

      ======

      From: "San Francisco Historical Society" <caacat@...>
      Date: February 14, 2012 7:16:17 PM PST
      To: <caacat@...>
      Subject: San Francisco History Expo

      San Francisco History Expo 2012
      March 3-4, 2012

      A city is defined by its past as well as its present. San Francisco's past is extraordinarily rich and varied, thanks to the influx of immigrants who came here, bringing their traditions to this new world. We are fortunate that today there are those who strive to preserve the past and the history of their neighborhoods through oral histories, artifacts and photographs. Showcasing this diversity was the premise behind the first SFMHS History Expo in February of 2011, attended by over 3500 visitors who spent hours visiting more than 25 mini-museums set up by local organizations. The 2011 event was a tremendous success, so we are doing it again: Saturday and Sunday, March 3 and 4, at the Old Mint. Hours are 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day.

      The two-day event will once again feature mini-museums set up by participating organizations. In addition, there will be a special exhibition of 42 photographs called "Elegant Pit Stops," a display of historic garages in the city. In the vault area, historic films will be shown and special programs are scheduled both days. We also have it on good authority that Emperor Joshua Norton plans to make an appearance.

      Expo 2012 Participants

      This is a listing of organizations that are scheduled to participate in the 2012 San Francisco History Expo.
      Bernal History Project
      California Historical Society
      Chinese Historical Society of America
      City Guides
      Friends of the Cable Car Museum
      GLBT Historical Society
      Golden Gate National Recreation Area
      Golden Gate Park Preservation Alliance
      Guardians of the City
      Henry W. Coil Library & Museum of Freemasonry
      Labor Archives and Research Center/San Francisco State University
      Market Street Railway
      Museum of Performance and Design
      National Japanese American Historical Society
      Potrero Hill Archives Project
      Presidio Historical Association
      Presidio Trust History Association
      San Francisco Architectural Heritage
      San Francisco Bay Area Jewish Genealogical Society
      San Francisco History Association
      San Francisco History Center, San Francisco Public Library
      San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park
      San Francisco Media Archives
      San Francisco Oakland Bay Bridge
      SF genealogy
      Shaping San Francsico/Foundsf.org
      Society of California Pioneers
      Sunset Parkside Education Action Committee
      Telegraph Hill Dwellers & Catherine Accardi
      The Victorian Alliance
      Treasure Island History Association
      Visitacion Valley History Project
      Western Neighborhoods Project