Re: free genealogy websites

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
      And I forgot the big immigration websites (NY) -

      http://EllisIsland.org
      http://CastleGarden.org - (it preceded Ellis Island)
      immigration and other searches
      http://stevemorse.org

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Bob Boss <r_c_boss@...> wrote:

      > Another thing to check would be any name or location mailing lists. They can be very good sources of information or leads. You can search the lists at:
      >
      > http://bigfile.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/listsearch%c2%a0
      >
      > Another great aspect is they are free
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > ________________________________

    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
        No Headline

        Date: March 22, 1872
        Location: Pennsylvania
        Paper: Philadelphia Inquirer
        Article type: Mortuary Notice
        ON the 19th instant of erysiplas ,Lewis Ashenfelter in the 55th year of his life.

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

        > WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
        > has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
        > Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
        > Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
        > - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
        > - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
        > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537
        >
        > Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
        > Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
        > http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=
        >
        > Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
        > Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
        > Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
        > Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
        > Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
        > Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ
        >
        > 1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
        > Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
        > (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m
        >
        > - Tom Knox
        >

        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
        > >
        > > This is info i have so far~~~
        > >
        > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
        > > They had the following children:
        > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
        > > Adelaide born abt 1871
        > > Nellie born abt 1872
        > > Otto born abt 1873
        > > Carl born abt 1874
        > >
        > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
        > > Rose and Richard had the following children:

      • Poker Pro
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 15, 2012
          The website http://www.hiddengenealogynuggets.com has a free genealogy search engine. There are thousands of records in it's databases (mostly from Connecticut). It has a section for family tree fun including crossword and word search puzzles.

          It also has a weekly blog which explores various genealogical topics. This past Sunday the topic was Photo Genealogy and the week before that the topic was Newspaper Genealogy.

          Regards, Jim