Re: August Albrecht and Rose Louise Ashenfelter

  • dawn
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
      OOHHHHHHHH WOW thx soooooo much!! :-)
      i will look into it
      my mother did tell me Nellie was a traveling teacher which is why she was born in States and in Germany to meet Johannes. We ALWAYS thought she was from Germany as well LOL wonder what other skeletons i will find... thx again for ALLLL your help!!!

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

      > WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
      > has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
      > Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
      > Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
      > - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
      > - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
      > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537
      >
      > Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
      > Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
      > http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=
      >
      > Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
      > Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
      > Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
      > Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
      > Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
      > Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ
      >
      > 1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
      > Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
      > (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m
      >
      > - Tom Knox
      >

      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is info i have so far~~~
      > >
      > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
      > > They had the following children:
      > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
      > > Adelaide born abt 1871
      > > Nellie born abt 1872
      > > Otto born abt 1873
      > > Carl born abt 1874
      > >
      > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
      > > Rose and Richard had the following children:
      > > ... ... ...

    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
        And I forgot the big immigration websites (NY) -

        http://EllisIsland.org
        http://CastleGarden.org - (it preceded Ellis Island)
        immigration and other searches
        http://stevemorse.org

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Bob Boss <r_c_boss@...> wrote:

        > Another thing to check would be any name or location mailing lists. They can be very good sources of information or leads. You can search the lists at:
        >
        > http://bigfile.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/listsearch%c2%a0
        >
        > Another great aspect is they are free
        >
        > Bob
        >
        > ________________________________

      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
          No Headline

          Date: March 22, 1872
          Location: Pennsylvania
          Paper: Philadelphia Inquirer
          Article type: Mortuary Notice
          ON the 19th instant of erysiplas ,Lewis Ashenfelter in the 55th year of his life.

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

          > WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
          > has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
          > Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
          > Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
          > - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
          > - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
          > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537
          >
          > Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
          > Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
          > http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=
          >
          > Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
          > Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
          > Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
          > Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
          > Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
          > Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ
          >
          > 1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
          > Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
          > (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m
          >
          > - Tom Knox
          >

          > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
          > >
          > > This is info i have so far~~~
          > >
          > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
          > > They had the following children:
          > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
          > > Adelaide born abt 1871
          > > Nellie born abt 1872
          > > Otto born abt 1873
          > > Carl born abt 1874
          > >
          > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
          > > Rose and Richard had the following children:

        • Poker Pro
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 15, 2012
            The website http://www.hiddengenealogynuggets.com has a free genealogy search engine. There are thousands of records in it's databases (mostly from Connecticut). It has a section for family tree fun including crossword and word search puzzles.

            It also has a weekly blog which explores various genealogical topics. This past Sunday the topic was Photo Genealogy and the week before that the topic was Newspaper Genealogy.

            Regards, Jim