Re: August Albrecht and Rose Louise Ashenfelter

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
      WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
      has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
      Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
      Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
      - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
      - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
      http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537

      Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
      Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
      http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=

      Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
      Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
      Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
      Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
      Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
      Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ

      1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
      Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
      (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@...> wrote:

      > This is info i have so far~~~
      >
      > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
      > They had the following children:
      > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
      > Adelaide born abt 1871
      > Nellie born abt 1872
      > Otto born abt 1873
      > Carl born abt 1874
      >
      > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
      > Rose and Richard had the following children:
      > ... ... ...

    • dawn
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
        OOHHHHHHHH WOW thx soooooo much!! :-)
        i will look into it
        my mother did tell me Nellie was a traveling teacher which is why she was born in States and in Germany to meet Johannes. We ALWAYS thought she was from Germany as well LOL wonder what other skeletons i will find... thx again for ALLLL your help!!!

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

        > WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
        > has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
        > Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
        > Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
        > - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
        > - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
        > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537
        >
        > Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
        > Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
        > http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=
        >
        > Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
        > Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
        > Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
        > Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
        > Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
        > Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ
        >
        > 1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
        > Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
        > (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m
        >
        > - Tom Knox
        >

        > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
        > >
        > > This is info i have so far~~~
        > >
        > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
        > > They had the following children:
        > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
        > > Adelaide born abt 1871
        > > Nellie born abt 1872
        > > Otto born abt 1873
        > > Carl born abt 1874
        > >
        > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
        > > Rose and Richard had the following children:
        > > ... ... ...

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
          And I forgot the big immigration websites (NY) -

          http://EllisIsland.org
          http://CastleGarden.org - (it preceded Ellis Island)
          immigration and other searches
          http://stevemorse.org

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Bob Boss <r_c_boss@...> wrote:

          > Another thing to check would be any name or location mailing lists. They can be very good sources of information or leads. You can search the lists at:
          >
          > http://bigfile.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/listsearch%c2%a0
          >
          > Another great aspect is they are free
          >
          > Bob
          >
          > ________________________________

        • mccgram
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
            No Headline

            Date: March 22, 1872
            Location: Pennsylvania
            Paper: Philadelphia Inquirer
            Article type: Mortuary Notice
            ON the 19th instant of erysiplas ,Lewis Ashenfelter in the 55th year of his life.

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

            > WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
            > has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
            > Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
            > Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
            > - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
            > - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
            > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537
            >
            > Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
            > Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
            > http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=
            >
            > Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
            > Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
            > Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
            > Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
            > Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
            > Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ
            >
            > 1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
            > Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
            > (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m
            >
            > - Tom Knox
            >

            > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
            > >
            > > This is info i have so far~~~
            > >
            > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
            > > They had the following children:
            > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
            > > Adelaide born abt 1871
            > > Nellie born abt 1872
            > > Otto born abt 1873
            > > Carl born abt 1874
            > >
            > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
            > > Rose and Richard had the following children:

          • Poker Pro
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 15, 2012
              The website http://www.hiddengenealogynuggets.com has a free genealogy search engine. There are thousands of records in it's databases (mostly from Connecticut). It has a section for family tree fun including crossword and word search puzzles.

              It also has a weekly blog which explores various genealogical topics. This past Sunday the topic was Photo Genealogy and the week before that the topic was Newspaper Genealogy.

              Regards, Jim