Re: Albrecht/Borchers brothers

  • dawn
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
      now you know why i have been confused!!! My mother had said Roland and Otto were brothers NOT Nellie and Otto
      Mom had said Otto and Roland were my grandmother's cousins but in FACT they were my grandmother's uncles
      Otto was a busy man "visiting" the girl cousins..
      Also had thought Otto died in WWII as a pilot but it seemms it was Adrian Borchers that died in an Air Craft

      Alos had thought Nellie, her husband Johannes,their 3 children,a servent and a housekeeper were the ONLY ones that were here in states til after 1910... that seems to be incorrect.... LOL
      Soo now I am more confused than before...LOL How could Nellie,Johannes and family come here to the states for the first time in 1910 if Nellie was here in states in 1900 census?? Wonder if there were 2 Nellie Albrecht like it seems like there were 2 Adian?

      Thank you for ALLLL your help!!

      I have looked for Otto as well but have found VERY little about him, welll guess I will keep digging. Kinda funny/sad side note my grandmother gave someone the family history book that was wrote in german......but she never got it back......:-( sure would make this huning Much easier if I had the book. Person who had it was never known......
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

> [...]
      >
      > And this could be his immigration -
      > New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
      > Name: August Albrecht
      > Arrival Date: 8 Nov 1858
      > Birth Year: abt 1839
      > Age: 19
      > Gender: Male
      > Place of Origin: Apenrade
      > Port of departure: Bremen, Germany
      > Destination: Philadelphia
      > Port of arrival: New York
      > Port Arrival State: New York
      > Port Arrival Country: United States
      > Ship Name: New York
      > ==================
      > line 73: Heinr(?) Albrecht 36(?) (place of origin) Philadelphia
      > line 74: Maria " 18 (place of origin) ditto
      > line 75: Otto " 19 (place of origin) Apenrade
      > line 76: August " 19 (place of origin) ditto
      >
      > So - does August Albrecht have a twin brother Otto,
      > or is Otto his cousin, or is there some other relationship?
      > And is Herman another sibling (in the 1860 census)?
      > And what about Heinrich/Henry?
      >
      > And this appears to be "Heinr & Maria" in 1860 -
      > 1860 Philadelphia Ward 10, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      > Albrecht, Henry/38:Mecklenburg, Mary/20:Meck, Charles/5m:PA
      >
      > - Tom Knox
      >

      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
      > >
      > > This is info i have so far~~~
      > >
      > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
      > > They had the following children:
      > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
      > > Adelaide born abt 1871
      > > Nellie born abt 1872
      > > Otto born abt 1873
      > > Carl born abt 1874
      > >
      > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
      > > Rose and Richard had the following children:
      > > Herbert born abt 1877
      > > Oliver Winfield born May 24, 1880 died May 27, 1880
      > > Frederick W. born 1881 died August 15, 1905
      > >
      > > Richard Carl Borchers married Anna Elizabeth Albrecht (his step daughter) August 9, 1890.
      > > Richard and Anna had the following children:
      > > Roland Winfield born Dec 1891 died 1956
      > > Adrian born abt Sept 1894 died March 17, 1895
      > > Harold Richard born January 8, 1899 died November 18, 1899
      > > Victor Harry born abt Sept 1896 died January 12, 1897
      > > Adrian born abt 1905
      > >
      > > Info at Familysearch.org:
      > > Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915
      > > New York Marriages 1686-1980
      > > Census from Ancestry.com
      > > 1870, 1900, 1910, and 1920 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      > > 1880 Reading, Berks, Pennsylvania
      > >
      > > Roland and Ethel Borchers buried Lake Memorial Park Monroe (Union Co.) North Carolina
      > >

      > > The two women that came from Germany with johannes March and Nellie Albrecht were a maid and a governess
      > > Martha March was Martha Elizabeth March (it IS spellled this way) her birth certificate and naturalizion papers are in photo section
      > > THANK YOU for everyone's help!! I will look into joining PA geneology group...... thx!!!!

    • dawn
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
        THX I will save these as my Favorites!! I thought ancestery.com was the only one till You NICE guys have been helping me. I know about LDS already ...thx

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

        > Main free sites that I can think of:
        > http://FamilySearch.org
        > http://CyndisList.com
        > http://USGenWeb.org
        > http://RootsWeb.com
        > http://Google.com
        > free genealogy forums/boards:
        > http://boards.ancestry.com
        > http://genforum.genealogy.com
        >
        > And, although it has been much-maligned and castigated,
        > http://Ancestry.com is the 800-pound gorilla in the room -
        > they really *DO* have records that are available nowhere else
        > on the Internet. I've been to Salt Lake City (3 times) -
        > my subscription to Ancestry.com (US version) is far cheaper.
        >
        > In the future, when putting queries out there on the net,
        > please include what information you already have,
        > and specifically what information you are looking for.
        > And PLEASE make sure you SPELL the names CORRECTLY !!!
        >
        > In your original query (of Jan.28), it sounded like you knew little about the history or family of those two brothers. Come to find out (in your msg of Feb.3), you knew a LOT about the families; in fact, much more than I know about some of my own ancestry!
        >
        > Good luck and good hunting -
        >
        > - Tom Knox

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
          WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
          has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
          Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
          Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
          - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
          - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
          http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537

          Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
          Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
          http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=

          Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
          Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
          Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
          Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
          Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
          Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ

          1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
          Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
          (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@...> wrote:

          > This is info i have so far~~~
          >
          > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
          > They had the following children:
          > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
          > Adelaide born abt 1871
          > Nellie born abt 1872
          > Otto born abt 1873
          > Carl born abt 1874
          >
          > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
          > Rose and Richard had the following children:
          > ... ... ...

        • dawn
          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
            OOHHHHHHHH WOW thx soooooo much!! :-)
            i will look into it
            my mother did tell me Nellie was a traveling teacher which is why she was born in States and in Germany to meet Johannes. We ALWAYS thought she was from Germany as well LOL wonder what other skeletons i will find... thx again for ALLLL your help!!!

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

            > WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
            > has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
            > Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
            > Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
            > - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
            > - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
            > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537
            >
            > Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
            > Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
            > http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=
            >
            > Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
            > Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
            > Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
            > Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
            > Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
            > Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ
            >
            > 1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
            > Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
            > (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m
            >
            > - Tom Knox
            >

            > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
            > >
            > > This is info i have so far~~~
            > >
            > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
            > > They had the following children:
            > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
            > > Adelaide born abt 1871
            > > Nellie born abt 1872
            > > Otto born abt 1873
            > > Carl born abt 1874
            > >
            > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
            > > Rose and Richard had the following children:
            > > ... ... ...

          • Bloodhound; Kermit
            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
              And I forgot the big immigration websites (NY) -

              http://EllisIsland.org
              http://CastleGarden.org - (it preceded Ellis Island)
              immigration and other searches
              http://stevemorse.org

              - Tom Knox

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Bob Boss <r_c_boss@...> wrote:

              > Another thing to check would be any name or location mailing lists. They can be very good sources of information or leads. You can search the lists at:
              >
              > http://bigfile.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/listsearch%c2%a0
              >
              > Another great aspect is they are free
              >
              > Bob
              >
              > ________________________________

            • mccgram
              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
                No Headline

                Date: March 22, 1872
                Location: Pennsylvania
                Paper: Philadelphia Inquirer
                Article type: Mortuary Notice
                ON the 19th instant of erysiplas ,Lewis Ashenfelter in the 55th year of his life.

                --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

                > WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
                > has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
                > Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
                > Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
                > - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
                > - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
                > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537
                >
                > Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
                > Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
                > http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=
                >
                > Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
                > Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
                > Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
                > Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
                > Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
                > Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ
                >
                > 1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
                > Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
                > (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m
                >
                > - Tom Knox
                >

                > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
                > >
                > > This is info i have so far~~~
                > >
                > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
                > > They had the following children:
                > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
                > > Adelaide born abt 1871
                > > Nellie born abt 1872
                > > Otto born abt 1873
                > > Carl born abt 1874
                > >
                > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
                > > Rose and Richard had the following children:

              • Poker Pro
                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 15, 2012
                  The website http://www.hiddengenealogynuggets.com has a free genealogy search engine. There are thousands of records in it's databases (mostly from Connecticut). It has a section for family tree fun including crossword and word search puzzles.

                  It also has a weekly blog which explores various genealogical topics. This past Sunday the topic was Photo Genealogy and the week before that the topic was Newspaper Genealogy.

                  Regards, Jim