THX!!! BOB ~~ Albrecht/Borchers brothers

  • dawn
    Message 1 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
      This is info i have so far~~~

      August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
      They had the following children:
      Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
      Adelaide born abt 1871
      Nellie born abt 1872
      Otto born abt 1873
      Carl born abt 1874

      Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
      Rose and Richard had the following children:
      Herbert born abt 1877
      Oliver Winfield born May 24, 1880 died May 27, 1880
      Frederick W. born 1881 died August 15, 1905

      Richard Carl Borchers married Anna Elizabeth Albrecht (his step daughter) August 9, 1890.
      Richard and Anna had the following children:
      Roland Winfield born Dec 1891 died 1956
      Adrian born abt Sept 1894 died March 17, 1895
      Harold Richard born January 8, 1899 died November 18, 1899
      Victor Harry born abt Sept 1896 died January 12, 1897
      Adrian born abt 1905

      Info at Familysearch.org:
      Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915
      New York Marriages 1686-1980
      Census from Ancestry.com
      1870, 1900, 1910, and 1920 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
      1880 Reading, Berks, Pennsylvania

      Roland and Ethel Borchers buried Lake Memorial Park Monroe (Union Co.) North Carolina

      The two women that came from Germany with johannes March and Nellie Albrecht were a maid and a governess
      Martha March was Martha Elizabeth March (it IS spellled this way) her birth certificate and naturalizion papers are in photo section
      THANK YOU for everyone's help!! I will look into joining PA geneology group...... thx!!!!
    • dawn
      Message 2 of 12 , Feb 3, 2012
        I am SOOO SORRY it is spelled BORCHERS.. thx!!!

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@...> wrote:

        > This is info i have so far~~~
        >
        > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
        > They had the following children:
        > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
        > Adelaide born abt 1871
        > Nellie born abt 1872
        > Otto born abt 1873
        > Carl born abt 1874
        >
        > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
        > Rose and Richard had the following children:
        > Herbert born abt 1877
        > Oliver Winfield born May 24, 1880 died May 27, 1880
        > Frederick W. born 1881 died August 15, 1905
        >
        > Richard Carl Borchers married Anna Elizabeth Albrecht (his step daughter) August 9, 1890.
        > Richard and Anna had the following children:
        > Roland Winfield born Dec 1891 died 1956
        > Adrian born abt Sept 1894 died March 17, 1895
        > Harold Richard born January 8, 1899 died November 18, 1899
        > Victor Harry born abt Sept 1896 died January 12, 1897
        > Adrian born abt 1905
        >
        > Info at Familysearch.org:
        > Pennsylvania, Philadelphia City Death Certificates, 1803-1915
        > New York Marriages 1686-1980
        > Census from Ancestry.com
        > 1870, 1900, 1910, and 1920 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
        > 1880 Reading, Berks, Pennsylvania
        >
        > Roland and Ethel Borchers buried Lake Memorial Park Monroe (Union Co.) North Carolina
        >

        > The two women that came from Germany with johannes March and Nellie Albrecht were a maid and a governess
        > Martha March was Martha Elizabeth March (it IS spellled this way) her birth certificate and naturalizion papers are in photo section
        > THANK YOU for everyone's help!! I will look into joining PA geneology group...... thx!!!!

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 5, 2012
          Okay - now I think I get it -
          something that you did not make clear previously -
          the ALBRECHT brothers *ARE* the BORCHERS brothers;
          or rather, step-brothers - -

          in short-form :
          August Albrecht married Rose Louise Ashenfelter ca.1868;
          August died 1874;
          Rose Louise Ashenfelter Albrecht married Richard C Borchers ca.1876;
          Rose Louise Ashenfelter Albrecht Borchers died 1888;
          Richard C Borchers married Anna Albrecht (his step-daughter) 1890.
          a regular soap opera! Complete with half-kin, step-kin,
          name-changes, and a marriage to a step-daughter.
          (Were there any adoptions as well?)

          And I had previously asked if you were confusing OTTO ALBRECHT
          with the name that you were requesting of OTTO BORCHERS -
          BUT THEY ARE ACTUALLY THE SAME PERSON !!! LOL !!!
          In this transcript of 1880 census,
          OTTO (born ALBRECHT) is shown with step-surname BORCHERS -

          1880 Reading, Berks, Pennsylvania
          Borchers, Richard/33:Brunswick:Brun:Brun, Rose/30:PA:PA:PA,
          (), Hannah/10, Idalaid/9, Nellie/8, Otto/7, Carl/6, [are ALBRECHT]
          (), Herbert/3, Frederick/3m/b:March [both BORCHERS]
          Kate Stitzer / 17 / servant
          NOTE: all children are labelled as born PA:PA:PA !!

          So - please correct me if I am wrong -
          Roland Borchers is the son of Richard C Borchers and Anna Albrecht;
          Otto Albrecht/Borchers is the son of August Albrecht & Rose Louise;
          Anna Albrecht is the daughter of August Albrecht & Rose Louise;
          since Otto and Anna are direct siblings,
          then Otto is Roland's uncle;
          and since Otto is Richard Borchers' stepson,
          then Otto is also Roland's step-brother!
          But more than just step-brothers, because they actually *do* share
          some blood (some DNA) through Anna Albrecht Borchers.

          Whew!

          1870 Philadelphia Ward 20 District 66, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
          Albrecht, August/31:Prussia, Rose/24:PA, Annie E/10m:PA/b:Aug(1869)

          This could be the young August Albrecht (age 21) -
          1860 Philadelphia Ward 17, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
          Albrecht, Herman/25:Germany, Georgiana/25:PA, [presumably married?]
          (), Otto/21:Ger, August/21:Ger,
          (), Antonio/3:PA, William/1:PA [presumably children of Herman?]
          Elisa Broadwater / 37:VA
          Jane Ovenhone / 12:PA

          And this could be his immigration -
          New York Passenger Lists, 1820-1957
          Name: August Albrecht
          Arrival Date: 8 Nov 1858
          Birth Year: abt 1839
          Age: 19
          Gender: Male
          Place of Origin: Apenrade
          Port of departure: Bremen, Germany
          Destination: Philadelphia
          Port of arrival: New York
          Port Arrival State: New York
          Port Arrival Country: United States
          Ship Name: New York
          ==================
          line 73: Heinr(?) Albrecht 36(?) (place of origin) Philadelphia
          line 74: Maria " 18 (place of origin) ditto
          line 75: Otto " 19 (place of origin) Apenrade
          line 76: August " 19 (place of origin) ditto

          So - does August Albrecht have a twin brother Otto,
          or is Otto his cousin, or is there some other relationship?
          And is Herman another sibling (in the 1860 census)?
          And what about Heinrich/Henry?

          And this appears to be "Heinr & Maria" in 1860 -
          1860 Philadelphia Ward 10, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
          Albrecht, Henry/38:Mecklenburg, Mary/20:Meck, Charles/5m:PA

          - Tom Knox

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 6, 2012
            Main free sites that I can think of:
            http://FamilySearch.org
            http://CyndisList.com
            http://USGenWeb.org
            http://RootsWeb.com
            http://Google.com
            free genealogy forums/boards:
            http://boards.ancestry.com
            http://genforum.genealogy.com

            And, although it has been much-maligned and castigated,
            http://Ancestry.com is the 800-pound gorilla in the room -
            they really *DO* have records that are available nowhere else
            on the Internet. I've been to Salt Lake City (3 times) -
            my subscription to Ancestry.com (US version) is far cheaper.

            In the future, when putting queries out there on the net,
            please include what information you already have,
            and specifically what information you are looking for.
            And PLEASE make sure you SPELL the names CORRECTLY !!!

            In your original query (of Jan.28), it sounded like you knew little about the history or family of those two brothers. Come to find out (in your msg of Feb.3), you knew a LOT about the families; in fact, much more than I know about some of my own ancestry!

            Good luck and good hunting -

            - Tom Knox

            Message 5 of 12 , Feb 6, 2012
              Another thing to check would be any name or location mailing lists. They can be very good sources of information or leads. You can search the lists at:

              http://bigfile.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/listsearch%c2%a0%c2%a0

              Another great aspect is they are free

              Bob

              ________________________________

              Message 6 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
                now you know why i have been confused!!! My mother had said Roland and Otto were brothers NOT Nellie and Otto
                Mom had said Otto and Roland were my grandmother's cousins but in FACT they were my grandmother's uncles
                Otto was a busy man "visiting" the girl cousins..
                Also had thought Otto died in WWII as a pilot but it seemms it was Adrian Borchers that died in an Air Craft

                Alos had thought Nellie, her husband Johannes,their 3 children,a servent and a housekeeper were the ONLY ones that were here in states til after 1910... that seems to be incorrect.... LOL
                Soo now I am more confused than before...LOL How could Nellie,Johannes and family come here to the states for the first time in 1910 if Nellie was here in states in 1900 census?? Wonder if there were 2 Nellie Albrecht like it seems like there were 2 Adian?

                Thank you for ALLLL your help!!

                I have looked for Otto as well but have found VERY little about him, welll guess I will keep digging. Kinda funny/sad side note my grandmother gave someone the family history book that was wrote in german......but she never got it back......:-( sure would make this huning Much easier if I had the book. Person who had it was never known......

                Message 7 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
                  THX I will save these as my Favorites!! I thought ancestery.com was the only one till You NICE guys have been helping me. I know about LDS already ...thx

                  Message 8 of 12 , Feb 7, 2012
                    WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
                    has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
                    Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
                    Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
                    - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
                    - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
                    http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537

                    Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
                    Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
                    http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=

                    Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
                    Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
                    Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
                    Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
                    Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
                    Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ

                    1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
                    Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
                    (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m

                    - Tom Knox

                    --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@...> wrote:

                    > This is info i have so far~~~
                    >
                    > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
                    > They had the following children:
                    > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
                    > Adelaide born abt 1871
                    > Nellie born abt 1872
                    > Otto born abt 1873
                    > Carl born abt 1874
                    >
                    > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
                    > Rose and Richard had the following children:
                    > ... ... ...

                  • dawn
                    Message 9 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
                      OOHHHHHHHH WOW thx soooooo much!! :-)
                      i will look into it
                      my mother did tell me Nellie was a traveling teacher which is why she was born in States and in Germany to meet Johannes. We ALWAYS thought she was from Germany as well LOL wonder what other skeletons i will find... thx again for ALLLL your help!!!

                      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

                      > WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
                      > has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
                      > Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
                      > Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
                      > - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
                      > - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
                      > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537
                      >
                      > Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
                      > Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
                      > http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=
                      >
                      > Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
                      > Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
                      > Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
                      > Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
                      > Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
                      > Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ
                      >
                      > 1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
                      > Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
                      > (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m
                      >
                      > - Tom Knox
                      >

                      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
                      > >
                      > > This is info i have so far~~~
                      > >
                      > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
                      > > They had the following children:
                      > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
                      > > Adelaide born abt 1871
                      > > Nellie born abt 1872
                      > > Otto born abt 1873
                      > > Carl born abt 1874
                      > >
                      > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
                      > > Rose and Richard had the following children:
                      > > ... ... ...

                    • Bloodhound; Kermit
                      Message 10 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
                        And I forgot the big immigration websites (NY) -

                        http://EllisIsland.org
                        http://CastleGarden.org - (it preceded Ellis Island)
                        immigration and other searches
                        http://stevemorse.org

                        - Tom Knox

                        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Bob Boss <r_c_boss@...> wrote:

                        > Another thing to check would be any name or location mailing lists. They can be very good sources of information or leads. You can search the lists at:
                        >
                        > http://bigfile.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/listsearch%c2%a0
                        >
                        > Another great aspect is they are free
                        >
                        > Bob
                        >
                        > ________________________________

                      • mccgram
                        Message 11 of 12 , Feb 8, 2012
                          No Headline

                          Date: March 22, 1872
                          Location: Pennsylvania
                          Paper: Philadelphia Inquirer
                          Article type: Mortuary Notice
                          ON the 19th instant of erysiplas ,Lewis Ashenfelter in the 55th year of his life.

                          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Bloodhound; Kermit" <tomknox2001@...> wrote:

                          > WorldConnect Project at RootsWeb.com
                          > has a tree for August ALBRECHT marrying
                          > Rosanna Louisa ASHENFELTER b: January 1, 1846
                          > Married: September 10, 1868 in Philadelphia, PA
                          > - Father: Lewis ASHENFELTER b: abt 1817
                          > - Mother: Elizabeth UNKNOWN b: abt 1816
                          > http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&db=:10074&id=I507874537
                          >
                          > Ancestry.com Public Member Tree
                          > Rosanna Louisa Ashenfelter
                          > http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/4988512/person/-1229410392?ssrc=
                          >
                          > Pennsylvania, Church and Town Records, 1708-1985 (Ancestry.com)
                          > Name: Rosana Louisa Ashenfelter
                          > Event Type: Other [attendance, Confirmed]
                          > Other Event Date: 1 May 1864
                          > Other Event Place: Lewisburg, Union, Pennsylvania
                          > Organization Name: St John´s United Church of Christ
                          >
                          > 1860 Lewisburg South Ward, Union, Pennsylvania
                          > Ashenfelter, Lewis/42, Elizabeth/38, Oliver/15,
                          > (), Rosana/14, Reuben/7, Clara/6, Harry/4, John/9m, Cyrus/9m
                          >
                          > - Tom Knox
                          >

                          > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dawn" <hereslooking4@> wrote:
                          > >
                          > > This is info i have so far~~~
                          > >
                          > > August Albrecht (born abt 1839 died Dec 9, 1874) married Rose Louise Ashenfelter (born abt 1846 died March 20, 1888) abt 1868.
                          > > They had the following children:
                          > > Anna Elizabeth born Aug 1869
                          > > Adelaide born abt 1871
                          > > Nellie born abt 1872
                          > > Otto born abt 1873
                          > > Carl born abt 1874
                          > >
                          > > Rose Louise married Richard Carl Borchers (born Apr 1851) abt 1876.
                          > > Rose and Richard had the following children:

                        • Poker Pro
                          Message 12 of 12 , Feb 15, 2012
                            The website http://www.hiddengenealogynuggets.com has a free genealogy search engine. There are thousands of records in it's databases (mostly from Connecticut). It has a section for family tree fun including crossword and word search puzzles.

                            It also has a weekly blog which explores various genealogical topics. This past Sunday the topic was Photo Genealogy and the week before that the topic was Newspaper Genealogy.

                            Regards, Jim