Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Need help/StaatsZeitung obit

  • Marilynn
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2012
      First I apologize for being so slow to acknowledge your response to my
      request for a StaatsZeitung obit.

      I was able to get a copy of a death notice from the Library of Congress.
      Unfortunately, I was looking for a town of origin in Germany and it was not
      there.
      It was brief including "He is survived by a family of adults."

      I have been physically to the great New York City Library on Fifth Avenue
      (love those lions) but never by computer.
      As a child my father was researching his family and did work there on the
      old microfiche.

      I was well aware of the Italian Gen site. In fact I have volunteered for
      them. It is ever expanding and getting better every day.

      Thank you for the information offered.

      Marilynn