Re: [Genealogy Research Club] family work sheet

  • Kelley FOSTER
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
      the lds website (familysearch.org) has alot of free useful resources.  there may even be a research facility close to you.  they have a paf program thats a free download.  it has alot of flexibility that other programs ive used doesnt.   you can add adopted parents, bio parents, family group sheets, pedigree charts etc. etc.

      -

      heres some useful free sites i visit regularly.

      findagrave.com
      censusfinder.com
      arkansasgravestones.org (theres a _____gravestones.org site 4 nearly every state)
      familysearch.org (lds website)
      genforum.com
      usgenweb.org
      boards.ancestry.com
      ------------
      i can do local look-ups censuses, cemeteries, gravestones, obits, anything else i can dig up.

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
        You might want to look into a genealogy program to run on your comupter...

        There are some nice free versions out there that would make working on your
        tree much easier than simply using an electronic sheet....:)

        Search "free genealogy program"...try on, try all, especially before you
        spend money...

        I use mainly "MyHeritage Family Tree Builder", then a free version of
        "Legacy", and the free version of RootsMagic. Seems each one does something
        I like that the other doesn't....

        Hope that answers your question..

        CR

        On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM, lady_talala <lady_talala@...> wrote:

        > newbie here.....
        >
        > I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
        > without having to be connected to the web.
        > That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
        > print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
        > on that and come back to it.
        >
        > I hope this is not just a pipe dream..
        >
        > Talala

      • Mary E. Conley
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
          You can download free the PAF (Personal Ancestral File) at:  https://www.familysearch.org/products
          You then work offline to fill in the information about your family.
          Mary in Antelope, California