Re: Christ Weiske Death

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 11, 2012
      According to the Illinois Department of Public Health
      http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/genealogicalinfo.htm
      "Births and deaths before January 1, 1916 and marriages before January 1, 1962 are recorded only in the office of the county clerk where the event occurred. Most county clerks have indexes to the records that are prior to 1916 that are available for the purpose of genealogical research."

      So it sounds like you need to contact the county clerk for Will County (IL).

      And - have you checked the USGenWeb site for Will County?
      http://will.ilgenweb.org/

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "ljweiske" <ljweiske@...> wrote:

      > Christ Weiske is listed entering USA Oct. 31, 1889 With family. Then he is listed 1900 Custer Township, Will Co., Illinois as Christ Weiska, (74 years old) which is German pronunction. My question is when did he die? Where did he die I would like to order his death Certificate.
      > Can anyone help? I've been looking for this information for 8 years.
      > Linda

    • Linda Weiske
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 14, 2012
        Kermit,
        the County Clerks Office states in 2003 they have no such records, and was nice enough to send my request to the Will/ Gundy Genealogy Group. They gave it to the local Cemetery where they knew of some Weiske members they were family allright but not the two I needed.
        thank you

        Linda W

        ________________________________
        According to the Illinois Department of Public Health
        http://www.idph.state.il.us/vitalrecords/genealogicalinfo.htm
        "Births and deaths before January 1, 1916 and marriages before January 1, 1962 are recorded only in the office of the county clerk where the event occurred. Most county clerks have indexes to the records that are prior to 1916 that are available for the purpose of genealogical research."

        So it sounds like you need to contact the county clerk for Will County (IL).

        And - have you checked the USGenWeb site for Will County?
        http://will.ilgenweb.org/

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "ljweiske" <ljweiske@...> wrote:

        > Christ Weiske is listed entering USA Oct. 31, 1889 With family. Then he is listed 1900 Custer Township, Will Co., Illinois as Christ Weiska, (74 years old) which is German pronunction. My question is when did he die? Where did he die I would like to order his death Certificate.
        > Can anyone help? I've been looking for this information for 8 years.
        > Linda

      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 30, 2012
          Heres where a bunch of them are at rest:

          http://usgwarchives.net/il/will/cemeteries/custertwp.htm

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "ljweiske" <ljweiske@...> wrote:

          > Christ Weiske is listed entering USA Oct. 31, 1889 With family. Then he is listed 1900 Custer Township, Will Co., Illinois as Christ Weiska, (74 years old) which is German pronunction. My question is when did he die? Where did he die I would like to order his death Certificate.
          > Can anyone help? I've been looking for this information for 8 years.
          > Linda

        • Linda Weiske
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 7, 2012
            Thank you for your suggestions,