Re: [Genealogy Research Club] family work sheet

  • lee taylor
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
      If you used a program like family tree maker, or legacy or Rootsweb you don't have to be on the web just on the  computer, wouldn't that work?

      Lee Taylor-Elliott

      ________________________________
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
        the lds website (familysearch.org) has alot of free useful resources.  there may even be a research facility close to you.  they have a paf program thats a free download.  it has alot of flexibility that other programs ive used doesnt.   you can add adopted parents, bio parents, family group sheets, pedigree charts etc. etc.

        -

        heres some useful free sites i visit regularly.

        findagrave.com
        censusfinder.com
        arkansasgravestones.org (theres a _____gravestones.org site 4 nearly every state)
        familysearch.org (lds website)
        genforum.com
        usgenweb.org
        boards.ancestry.com
        ------------
        i can do local look-ups censuses, cemeteries, gravestones, obits, anything else i can dig up.

        ________________________________
        I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
        without having to be connected to the web.
        That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
        print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
        on that and come back to it.

        I hope this is not just a pipe dream..

        Talala

      • Christopher Campbell
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
          You might want to look into a genealogy program to run on your comupter...

          There are some nice free versions out there that would make working on your
          tree much easier than simply using an electronic sheet....:)

          Search "free genealogy program"...try on, try all, especially before you
          spend money...

          I use mainly "MyHeritage Family Tree Builder", then a free version of
          "Legacy", and the free version of RootsMagic. Seems each one does something
          I like that the other doesn't....

          Hope that answers your question..

          CR

          On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM, lady_talala <lady_talala@...> wrote:

          > newbie here.....
          >
          > I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
          > without having to be connected to the web.
          > That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
          > print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
          > on that and come back to it.
          >
          > I hope this is not just a pipe dream..
          >
          > Talala

        • Mary E. Conley
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
            You can download free the PAF (Personal Ancestral File) at:  https://www.familysearch.org/products
            You then work offline to fill in the information about your family.
            Mary in Antelope, California