RE: [Genealogy Research Club] family work sheet

  • Sunny Shafer
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
      any number of programs allow this.
      I use FTM
      sunny

      > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      > From: lady_talala@...
      > Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 03:39:14 +0000
      > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] family work sheet
      >
      > newbie here.....
      >
      > I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
      > without having to be connected to the web.
      > That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
      > print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
      > on that and come back to it.
      >
      > I hope this is not just a pipe dream..
      >
      > Talala

    • timothyfcampbell
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
        I've seen pedigree charts, but I'm not sure I've seen family sheets. Have you looked at any of the free genealogy software?

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "lady_talala" <lady_talala@...> wrote:

        > newbie here.....
        >
        > I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
        > without having to be connected to the web.
        > That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
        > print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
        > on that and come back to it.
        >
        > I hope this is not just a pipe dream..
        >
        > Talala

      • lee taylor
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
          If you used a program like family tree maker, or legacy or Rootsweb you don't have to be on the web just on the  computer, wouldn't that work?

          Lee Taylor-Elliott

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
            the lds website (familysearch.org) has alot of free useful resources.  there may even be a research facility close to you.  they have a paf program thats a free download.  it has alot of flexibility that other programs ive used doesnt.   you can add adopted parents, bio parents, family group sheets, pedigree charts etc. etc.

            -

            heres some useful free sites i visit regularly.

            findagrave.com
            censusfinder.com
            arkansasgravestones.org (theres a _____gravestones.org site 4 nearly every state)
            familysearch.org (lds website)
            genforum.com
            usgenweb.org
            boards.ancestry.com
            ------------
            i can do local look-ups censuses, cemeteries, gravestones, obits, anything else i can dig up.

            ________________________________
            I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
            without having to be connected to the web.
            That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
            print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
            on that and come back to it.

            I hope this is not just a pipe dream..

            Talala

          • Christopher Campbell
            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
              You might want to look into a genealogy program to run on your comupter...

              There are some nice free versions out there that would make working on your
              tree much easier than simply using an electronic sheet....:)

              Search "free genealogy program"...try on, try all, especially before you
              spend money...

              I use mainly "MyHeritage Family Tree Builder", then a free version of
              "Legacy", and the free version of RootsMagic. Seems each one does something
              I like that the other doesn't....

              Hope that answers your question..

              CR

              On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM, lady_talala <lady_talala@...> wrote:

              > newbie here.....
              >
              > I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
              > without having to be connected to the web.
              > That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
              > print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
              > on that and come back to it.
              >
              > I hope this is not just a pipe dream..
              >
              > Talala

            • Mary E. Conley
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
                You can download free the PAF (Personal Ancestral File) at:  https://www.familysearch.org/products
                You then work offline to fill in the information about your family.
                Mary in Antelope, California