Re: Auguste Gamache L'Islet,†‹ L'Islet,​ Quebec,

  • Debbie
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 5, 2012
      I found him in a 1900 census:

      Name: Auguste Gamache
      Age: 44
      Birth Date: Sep 1855
      Birthplace: Canada Fr
      [Canada French]
      Home in 1900: Lisbon, Androscoggin, Maine
      [Lisbon, Androscoggin, Maine]
      Race: White
      Gender: Male
      Immigration Year: 1870
      Relation to Head of House: Head
      Marital Status: Married
      Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Gamache
      Marriage Year: 1882
      Years Married: 18
      Father's Birthplace: Canada Fr
      Mother's Birthplace: Canada Fr
      Occupation: View on Image
      Neighbors: View others on page
      Household Members:
      Name Age
      Auguste Gamache 44
      Elizabeth Gamache 42
      Emil Gamache 15
      Dilia Gamache 13
      Albina Gamache 12
      Valina Gamache 4
      Rosanna Gamache 1

      Email me directly and I can send a JPG of the census itself ... there is also a family of "James Gamache" ... possibly a sibling of Auguste?

      I also found a U.S. Naturalization Record Index, 1791-1992 for him, stating that he came to the US in 1872 at age 25 ... birth date Sep 16 1858 ... 2 years after your date, but still possibly him?

      Do you have a middle initial? There are others of the same name I've found, some born 1856, also ...

      Email me @ nmplantlady@... and we can possibly figure this out? I don't have access to international records, but I do with US records!

      :Debbie