family work sheet

  • lady_talala
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 8, 2012
      newbie here.....

      I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
      without having to be connected to the web.
      That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
      print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
      on that and come back to it.

      I hope this is not just a pipe dream..

      Talala
    • Sunny Shafer
      Message 2 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
        any number of programs allow this.
        I use FTM
        sunny

        > To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
        > From: lady_talala@...
        > Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 03:39:14 +0000
        > Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] family work sheet
        >
        > newbie here.....
        >
        > I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
        > without having to be connected to the web.
        > That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
        > print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
        > on that and come back to it.
        >
        > I hope this is not just a pipe dream..
        >
        > Talala

      • timothyfcampbell
        Message 3 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
          I've seen pedigree charts, but I'm not sure I've seen family sheets. Have you looked at any of the free genealogy software?

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "lady_talala" <lady_talala@...> wrote:

          > newbie here.....
          >
          > I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
          > without having to be connected to the web.
          > That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
          > print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
          > on that and come back to it.
          >
          > I hope this is not just a pipe dream..
          >
          > Talala

        • lee taylor
          Message 4 of 7 , Jan 10, 2012
            If you used a program like family tree maker, or legacy or Rootsweb you don't have to be on the web just on the  computer, wouldn't that work?

            Lee Taylor-Elliott

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
              the lds website (familysearch.org) has alot of free useful resources.  there may even be a research facility close to you.  they have a paf program thats a free download.  it has alot of flexibility that other programs ive used doesnt.   you can add adopted parents, bio parents, family group sheets, pedigree charts etc. etc.

              -

              heres some useful free sites i visit regularly.

              findagrave.com
              censusfinder.com
              arkansasgravestones.org (theres a _____gravestones.org site 4 nearly every state)
              familysearch.org (lds website)
              genforum.com
              usgenweb.org
              boards.ancestry.com
              ------------
              i can do local look-ups censuses, cemeteries, gravestones, obits, anything else i can dig up.

              ________________________________
              I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
              without having to be connected to the web.
              That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
              print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
              on that and come back to it.

              I hope this is not just a pipe dream..

              Talala

            • Christopher Campbell
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
                You might want to look into a genealogy program to run on your comupter...

                There are some nice free versions out there that would make working on your
                tree much easier than simply using an electronic sheet....:)

                Search "free genealogy program"...try on, try all, especially before you
                spend money...

                I use mainly "MyHeritage Family Tree Builder", then a free version of
                "Legacy", and the free version of RootsMagic. Seems each one does something
                I like that the other doesn't....

                Hope that answers your question..

                CR

                On Mon, Jan 9, 2012 at 5:39 AM, lady_talala <lady_talala@...> wrote:

                > newbie here.....
                >
                > I want to find a family work sheet that I can use on my computer
                > without having to be connected to the web.
                > That I can type using my computer, not just something that I can
                > print out and WRITE on, but type on, stop go to another line, work
                > on that and come back to it.
                >
                > I hope this is not just a pipe dream..
                >
                > Talala

              • Mary E. Conley
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 11, 2012
                  You can download free the PAF (Personal Ancestral File) at:  https://www.familysearch.org/products
                  You then work offline to fill in the information about your family.
                  Mary in Antelope, California