Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Brick Wall So Early HELP

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 18, 2011
      Just an FYI:

      Civil Registration started in Newfoundland and Labrador in 1891. Beginning at that time, all clergy were required to register with the government, all baptisms, marriages and burials conducted within their jurisdiction. Prior to 1891, no such central registry existed, so the only records of baptism, marriage or burial were the ones held by the churches

      .