Auguste Gamache L'Islet,​ L' Islet,​ Quebec,

  • tedstevenssr
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 26, 2011
      Hello,

      I'm researching my great-great grandfather and am having a really had time locating any information. this is what I have at this point in time:

      Auguste Gamache
      Born - Sept 1856 L'Islet,​ L'Islet,​ Quebec, Canada
      Appears in 1880 U.S. Census living in Lisbon Falls, ME
      Married Elizabeth O'Brien in 26 JUN 1882 in Brunswick, ME
      Died 07 DEC 1901 in Lisbon Falls, ME

      I have even less information regarding Elizabeth O'Brien
      Born FEB 1858 in Ireland
      Immigrated to Grand Falls, New Brunswick, Canada w/ parents unknown year
      Appears in 1880 U.S. Census in Lisbon Falls, ME
      Died 19 FEB 1929 in Lewiston, ME

      If anyone has any information or ideas as to where I can look besides the standard sites online it would be helpful.

      Thanks,

      Ted Sr
    • Debbie
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 5, 2012
        I found him in a 1900 census:

        Name: Auguste Gamache
        Age: 44
        Birth Date: Sep 1855
        Birthplace: Canada Fr
        [Canada French]
        Home in 1900: Lisbon, Androscoggin, Maine
        [Lisbon, Androscoggin, Maine]
        Race: White
        Gender: Male
        Immigration Year: 1870
        Relation to Head of House: Head
        Marital Status: Married
        Spouse's Name: Elizabeth Gamache
        Marriage Year: 1882
        Years Married: 18
        Father's Birthplace: Canada Fr
        Mother's Birthplace: Canada Fr
        Occupation: View on Image
        Neighbors: View others on page
        Household Members:
        Name Age
        Auguste Gamache 44
        Elizabeth Gamache 42
        Emil Gamache 15
        Dilia Gamache 13
        Albina Gamache 12
        Valina Gamache 4
        Rosanna Gamache 1

        Email me directly and I can send a JPG of the census itself ... there is also a family of "James Gamache" ... possibly a sibling of Auguste?

        I also found a U.S. Naturalization Record Index, 1791-1992 for him, stating that he came to the US in 1872 at age 25 ... birth date Sep 16 1858 ... 2 years after your date, but still possibly him?

        Do you have a middle initial? There are others of the same name I've found, some born 1856, also ...

        Email me @ nmplantlady@... and we can possibly figure this out? I don't have access to international records, but I do with US records!

        :Debbie