Re: Katherine Eva Twombley Parsons

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 23, 2011
      Kelley -

      1) do you have the 1900 census of Katherine Eva and William S Parsons?
      Where are they - and what birthplaces are listed for Katherine?
      In 1900, I do not find a CAT* or KAT* P*RS*N* born 1894+/-5
      with a spouse WILL* or BILL*.

      2) is this the family in 1910?
      1910 York, York, Maine
      Parsons, William S/45:ME:ME:ME/marr2, Katherine E/35:MA:ME:MA/marr1,
      - married 15 years, 6 children 5 living
      (), Elvina M/14:ME, Roland D/11, Gladys D/8, Lea W/5/son, Grace E/2
      NOTE: same family in same locale in 1920 census

      3) is CLARENCE TWOMBLEY (the second transcript, son of a Thomas) possibly the brother of KATE TWOMBLEY (the first transcript, d/o Thomas, wife of William Parsons)?

      New Hampshire, Marriage Records Index, 1637-1947
      Name: Kate L Twombley
      Marriage Date: 14 Mar 1896
      Event Type: Marriage
      Marriage Place: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
      Birth Date: abt 1875
      Age: 21
      Gender: Female
      Father's Name: Thomas Twombley
      Spouse Name: William S Parsons
      Spouse Birth Place: Bangor, Penobscot, ME
      Spouse Age: 31
      Spouse Gender: Male
      Spouse Father's Name: Ira E Parsons
      Spouse Mother's Name: Elvina Dexter
      FHL Film Number: 1001293
      Name: Clarence Twombley
      Marriage Date: 17 Nov 1917
      Event Type: Marriage
      Marriage Place: Keene, New Hampshire
      Birth Date: abt 1894
      Age: 23
      Gender: Male
      Father's Name: Thomas Twombley
      Mother's Name: Julia Cahier
      Spouse Name: Helen Hayden Collins
      Spouse Age: 18
      Spouse Gender: Female
      Spouse Father's Name: Timothy Collins
      Spouse Mother's Name: Eva G Gray
      FHL Film Number: 2070511

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:

      > Hi all,
      > I am looking for info on my g grandmother Katherine Eva Twombley Parsons. She was born in 1875 (we think in MA), married my g grandfather, William S. Parsons, in 1896 in Portsmouth, NH. The only thing I can find is that her father's name was Thomas. Funny how I have been able to go back centuries on some branches, but this one is a road block so soon.
      >
      > Kelley Parsons-Gibson

    • mccgram
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 17, 2011
        You should get a copy of marriage cert.. that should have info...
        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I am looking for info on my g grandmother Katherine Eva Twombley Parsons. She was born in 1875 (we think in MA), married my g grandfather, William S. Parsons, in 1896 in Portsmouth, NH. The only thing I can find is that her father's name was Thomas. Funny how I have been able to go back centuries on some branches, but this one is a road block so soon.
        >
        > Kelley Parsons-Gibson

      • Selena
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 24, 2011
          No, I don't have a copy of the 1900 census, but it is the same family as 1910-1920 census. The marriage certificate is the same one I have, but with this area having such a strong French background, I don't know if Clarence is any relation.