Twombley

  • Selena
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 15, 2011
      Hi all,
      I am looking for info on my g grandmother Katherine Eva Twombley Parsons. She was born in 1875 (we think in MA), married my g grandfather, William S. Parsons, in 1896 in Portsmouth, NH. The only thing I can find is that her father's name was Thomas. Funny how I have been able to go back centuries on some branches, but this one is a road block so soon.

      Kelley Parsons-Gibson
    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 23, 2011
        Kelley -

        1) do you have the 1900 census of Katherine Eva and William S Parsons?
        Where are they - and what birthplaces are listed for Katherine?
        In 1900, I do not find a CAT* or KAT* P*RS*N* born 1894+/-5
        with a spouse WILL* or BILL*.

        2) is this the family in 1910?
        1910 York, York, Maine
        Parsons, William S/45:ME:ME:ME/marr2, Katherine E/35:MA:ME:MA/marr1,
        - married 15 years, 6 children 5 living
        (), Elvina M/14:ME, Roland D/11, Gladys D/8, Lea W/5/son, Grace E/2
        NOTE: same family in same locale in 1920 census

        3) is CLARENCE TWOMBLEY (the second transcript, son of a Thomas) possibly the brother of KATE TWOMBLEY (the first transcript, d/o Thomas, wife of William Parsons)?

        New Hampshire, Marriage Records Index, 1637-1947
        Name: Kate L Twombley
        Marriage Date: 14 Mar 1896
        Event Type: Marriage
        Marriage Place: Portsmouth, New Hampshire
        Birth Date: abt 1875
        Age: 21
        Gender: Female
        Father's Name: Thomas Twombley
        Spouse Name: William S Parsons
        Spouse Birth Place: Bangor, Penobscot, ME
        Spouse Age: 31
        Spouse Gender: Male
        Spouse Father's Name: Ira E Parsons
        Spouse Mother's Name: Elvina Dexter
        FHL Film Number: 1001293
        Name: Clarence Twombley
        Marriage Date: 17 Nov 1917
        Event Type: Marriage
        Marriage Place: Keene, New Hampshire
        Birth Date: abt 1894
        Age: 23
        Gender: Male
        Father's Name: Thomas Twombley
        Mother's Name: Julia Cahier
        Spouse Name: Helen Hayden Collins
        Spouse Age: 18
        Spouse Gender: Female
        Spouse Father's Name: Timothy Collins
        Spouse Mother's Name: Eva G Gray
        FHL Film Number: 2070511

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:

        > Hi all,
        > I am looking for info on my g grandmother Katherine Eva Twombley Parsons. She was born in 1875 (we think in MA), married my g grandfather, William S. Parsons, in 1896 in Portsmouth, NH. The only thing I can find is that her father's name was Thomas. Funny how I have been able to go back centuries on some branches, but this one is a road block so soon.
        >
        > Kelley Parsons-Gibson

      • mccgram
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 17, 2011
          You should get a copy of marriage cert.. that should have info...
          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Selena" <selenadepp@...> wrote:

          > Hi all,
          > I am looking for info on my g grandmother Katherine Eva Twombley Parsons. She was born in 1875 (we think in MA), married my g grandfather, William S. Parsons, in 1896 in Portsmouth, NH. The only thing I can find is that her father's name was Thomas. Funny how I have been able to go back centuries on some branches, but this one is a road block so soon.
          >
          > Kelley Parsons-Gibson

        • Selena
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 24, 2011
            No, I don't have a copy of the 1900 census, but it is the same family as 1910-1920 census. The marriage certificate is the same one I have, but with this area having such a strong French background, I don't know if Clarence is any relation.