Re: Looking for the first wife of Porter Griswold Plumstead

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 11, 2011
      Not a direct answer, but - - -
      do you have his military records, and do they mention any wife?

      U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
      Name: Porter G Plumstead
      Birth Year: 1919
      Race: White, Citizen (White)
      Nativity State or Country: New Jersey
      State of Residence: New Jersey
      County or City: Union
      Enlistment Date: 17 Oct 1941
      Enlistment State: New Jersey
      Enlistment City: Fort Dix
      Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
      Grade: Private
      Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
      Source: Civil Life
      Education: 3 years of college
      Civil Occupation: Financial institution clerks, n.e.c.
      Marital Status: Single, without dependents

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, Forrest Plumstead <fplum1@...> wrote:

      > Here's the factual information I do have.
      >
      > Porter Griswold Plumstead
      > b 1 Jul 1919 New Jersey
      > d. 4 Sep 2006 Fairhope, AL
      > bur Pine Rest Cemetery Fairehope, AL
      >
      > Son Barton Plumstead
      >
      > Second Marriage:
      > WILMA PAULINE CLARK
      > b. 4 May 1916 WV
      > d. 9 Jan 2008 Fairhope, AL
      > bur Pine Rest Cemetery Fairehope, AL
      >
      > Possible 1st wife
      > Doris G Gallaway?
      >
      > TNX for any help!
      >
      > --
      > 73
      > WB5HQO Forrest
      > Ham Radio WB5HQO http://forrest.3h.com/main.html
      > Plumstead and Associated Families:
      > http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~fplum/
      >
      > NAQCC Member # 3678 FPQRP # 2642
      > SKCC Member # 6855 QRPadillo # 59

    • Forrest Plumstead
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 12, 2011
        Hi Tom thanks for your response. Unfortunately I do not have access to that
        info. After reading your letter I started looking for her again. I found her
        son in Chicago and his phone # in white pages.com. So I called and found his
        phone disconnected. Googled his name and found that there was a heat wave
        and he was among 20 people found dead because of the heat. Went to my
        library's on line obit data base but could not find him, But I did find his
        mother's father's and step mother's obits and I was right it
        was Doris Galloway. Thank you for your help and inspiration.

        --
        73
        WB5HQO Forrest
        Plumstead and Associated Families: