Looking for the first wife of Porter Griswold Plumstead

  • Forrest Plumstead
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2011
      Here's the factual information I do have.

      Porter Griswold Plumstead
      b 1 Jul 1919 New Jersey
      d. 4 Sep 2006 Fairhope, AL
      bur Pine Rest Cemetery Fairehope, AL

      Son Barton Plumstead

      Second Marriage:
      WILMA PAULINE CLARK
      b. 4 May 1916 WV
      d. 9 Jan 2008 Fairhope, AL
      bur Pine Rest Cemetery Fairehope, AL

      Possible 1st wife
      Doris G Gallaway?

      TNX for any help!

      --
      73
      WB5HQO Forrest

      NAQCC Member # 3678 FPQRP # 2642
      SKCC Member # 6855 QRPadillo # 59

    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 11, 2011
        Not a direct answer, but - - -
        do you have his military records, and do they mention any wife?

        U.S. World War II Army Enlistment Records, 1938-1946
        Name: Porter G Plumstead
        Birth Year: 1919
        Race: White, Citizen (White)
        Nativity State or Country: New Jersey
        State of Residence: New Jersey
        County or City: Union
        Enlistment Date: 17 Oct 1941
        Enlistment State: New Jersey
        Enlistment City: Fort Dix
        Branch: Branch Immaterial - Warrant Officers, USA
        Grade: Private
        Component: Selectees (Enlisted Men)
        Source: Civil Life
        Education: 3 years of college
        Civil Occupation: Financial institution clerks, n.e.c.
        Marital Status: Single, without dependents

        - Tom Knox

        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 12, 2011
          Hi Tom thanks for your response. Unfortunately I do not have access to that
          info. After reading your letter I started looking for her again. I found her
          son in Chicago and his phone # in white pages.com. So I called and found his
          phone disconnected. Googled his name and found that there was a heat wave
          and he was among 20 people found dead because of the heat. Went to my
          library's on line obit data base but could not find him, But I did find his
          mother's father's and step mother's obits and I was right it
          was Doris Galloway. Thank you for your help and inspiration.

          --
          73
          WB5HQO Forrest
          Plumstead and Associated Families: