Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Qu�bec-relate d Online Historical Documents and Newspapers

  • Mark F Rabideau
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 14, 2011
      Hi Joy,

      I am happy to post them, should I come across them. Are you aware of
      any now defunct or current English language newspapers in Quebec that
      might have enough critical mass for an archive?

      Pax Vobiscum,
      ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

      *Visit us at: http://many-roads.com <http://many-roads.com/> *
      *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717
      *phone:*+1.303.660.9400 *fax:*+1.303.660.9217
      *member:*Association of Professional Genealogists & National
      Genealogical Society
      *"It’s always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you
      want him or whether you don’t."*

      Rabbit, Pooh’s Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)

      On 09/14/2011 06:19 AM, Joy Weaver wrote:

      > Mark,
      >
      > If you come across any English-language newspapers from Quebec, will you
      > let us know?
      >
      > (If I find any, I'll post them, too).
      >
      > Joy Weaver

    • Roberta Baum
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 14, 2011
        Hello, Mark Rabideau: I have recently discovered that I have French ancestry: one name is Tostevin (Toadvine) from the Guernsey Channel Islands, and the other is Thomas which is usually not a French name but thru a county history, the name was traced back to a William Thomas who, the article stated, was a native of France. I have information frrom a couple of people who have Tostevin/Toadvine ancestors. Their information takes me all the way back into France but I don't have a name of a town. Would you be able to give me some direction to be able to trace these names to a town in France? Thanks very much. Roberta Baum
        To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
        CC: joyweave@...; becky@...; lisa@...
        From: genealogy@...
        Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 08:22:55 -0600
        Subject: Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Qu�bec-related Online Historical Documents and Newspapers

        Hi Joy,

        I am happy to post them, should I come across them. Are you aware of

        any now defunct or current English language newspapers in Quebec that

        might have enough critical mass for an archive?

        Pax Vobiscum,

        ...mark (Mark Rabideau)

        *Visit us at: http://many-roads.com <http://many-roads.com/> *

        *Snail mail at: *711 Nob Hill Trail - Franktown,CO USA - 80116-8717

        *phone:*+1.303.660.9400 *fax:*+1.303.660.9217

        *member:*Association of Professional Genealogists & National

        Genealogical Society

        *"It’s always useful to know where a friend-and-relation is, whether you

        want him or whether you don’t."*

        Rabbit, Pooh’s Little Instruction Book (Winnie the Pooh)

        On 09/14/2011 06:19 AM, Joy Weaver wrote:

        > Mark,

        > If you come across any English-language newspapers from Quebec, will you

        > let us know?

        > (If I find any, I'll post them, too).

        > Joy Weaver

      • Mark F Rabideau
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 2011
          Hi Roberta

          Ancestry and Familysearch seem to provide a goodly number of clues.
          Have you tried those out? I just queried Tostevin & France to get a
          bunch...