StillLookingfor:RenaSodan/Wayman/Zeininger

  • Mama Dukes
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2011
      My grandmother was born rena elizabeth Sodan, she Married George Zeininger..
      she had a sister Phobe Sodan who married a Edwards from Livingston Manor NY..(would like to find her relatives, offsprings, etc..for info if I could.) The Waymans are also related to them as I did find hints that Renas mother was married to a Wayman and had children with him prior to her married to William Sodan (who is buried in horton ny).
      William Sodan is believed to have died due to pnemonia November 13, 1918 at the age of 52 however I cannot seem to trace his wife Aleda Brown. Willis is listed on a 1905 census for Roscoe Ny but its been so fustrating to trace down this family and get answers. After his death it appears that the daughters, Rena and Phobe Sodan may have been placed in orphanages or something. I did find them listed as inmates in 1920 they had rena sader ( last name is probably misspelled) in the Guardian Angel Home & Good Shepard Industrial School. I think this was in Troy NY and it was only 2 yrs after her fathers death. Again in 1930 I find Rena listed in Syracuse, Ny's State School for the Feeble Minded. She was not feeble minded but talking to a wonderful older person who does this and has connections to my family said back then if they had no one to take them in they put them where ever they could find room. It is also believed that her sister Phobe stayed on as a laundry worker after her 18th birthday to stay close with her sister Rena. My grandmother did not marry until she was 30 yrs of age and listed on her marriage record her birth is 1/3/1913 however my dad said they always celebrated her birthday in March and March 3rd is on her death records at the cemetary. She did not talk of her childhood or up bringing to my father so I really have nothing more to go on other then this info I listed off her marriage record, her father Willis Sodan's death record.
      I can say at the time of marriage for Rena she lived in Fishs Eddy, NY and on Willis Sodans death record the contributor was George Brown..I am thinking maybe his is Almeda Browns father or brother. I would really like to find family of Phobe Sodan Edwards and would love to what this Almeda Brown was all about and what happened to her... Please help in my search....=(