Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Need help

  • s
    Message 1 of 33 , Jul 10 7:26 PM

      I now your comment is tongue-in-cheek but I'm bored here *smile* so thought I'd mention two reasons.....

      1- mortality rates. The number of children dying at early age was high. It assured family line survival.
      2- child labor. Helping on the farm and/or supplementing family wages (children as young as 5-6 were working coal mines).

      Sunny

      ( did they all really need to have 8 plus children???)

    • Marilynn
      Message 33 of 33 , Dec 31, 2011
        Does anyone know if/where obits are available from StaatsZeitung of New York
        City?