Re: My New Hampshire Brick Wall

  • Ahliss
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 23, 2011
      I went to ancestry.com and there is a family tree with Sally D. Elliot b. 1805 d. 1889 she was married to Jonathan S. Morrill. There is marriage certificate and death certificate. Ancestry.com is doing a 14 day free trial so you get on yourself and check on this info.

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "mccgram" <mccgram@...> wrote:

      > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "lobsterjesus" <lobsterjesus@> wrote:
      > >
      > > My 3rd great grandmother was Sally D. Elliot from Sandwich, New Hampshire. She married Jonathan S. Morrill from Tuftonboro, NH in 1826. She moved to Portland Maine a few years later, and started a huge family of Morrills whom are still flourishing today in Portland. The problem is that I can't find any information on Sally's roots. I know she was born June 1805 in Sandwich. I don't know who her parents are, and the Town of Sandwich has no record. Looking at Census records from 1800 & 1810 in that County produces nobody with the last name Elliot (or any variation).
      > >
      > > Any ideas on how I could potentially learn who her parents were?
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > >
      > > Scott Leonard
      > > San Francisco, CA
      > have you tried for a marriage record? often the parents are listed.

    • lobsterjesus
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 25, 2011
        Thanks, I am on Ancestry, and the tree you found is mine. :-) I've yet to learn who Sally's parents really were, as the records I have don't state it. There was a tree that claimed her parents were Benjamin & Susan, but it's a long shot, and there are no records, so I can't back it up.

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 25, 2011
          Thanks, I will do that!