Ault, Mitchell

  • Ina
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 22, 2011
      I am trying to research my ggggrandmother's family and am finding some very confusing information. Eliza Ann Ault was born in 1860 in Muskingum county, Ohio. On the 1870 census, she is listed as living with her parents, William and Isabella Ault and several siblings. I have found the marriage record for William Ault and Isabella Mitchell. By 1880, the family is split, she (Eliza Ann) and a sister are working as housekeepers at separate families, a brother is working as a farmhand and Isabel and the youngest son are in an infirmary. William is listed as a widower, but Isabel is listed as married. On Eliza's death certificate, her parents are listed as William Ault and Elizabeth Mitchell. In the 1910 census, Elizabeth Ault is listed as widowed and lving with her sister, with never having had any children. Is it possible Isabella and Elizabeth are the same person and there was a mistake in the 1910 census? William and Elizabeth are buried together.The 1910 census shows Isabel living with a grandson and widowed, however, William died in 1903. The birth dates, ages, all suggest these are the same people. Any ideas on places to look, ways to make this any clearer would be greatly appreciated!
      Ina