Re: Bertha, wife of Hans Raymond HUGH (d.2004)

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 22, 2011
      > ... not sure if the work is already done.

      Even if the work is "already done", you need to verify it!

      =====

      U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
      Hans Raymond Hugh, RR 1 POB 199, Coquille, OR, 97423 (1994)
      Bertha M Hugh, RR 1 POB 199, Coquille, OR, 97423 (1993)

      U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
      Hans R Hugh 5 Jun 1913
      - 199 RR 1 Box, Coquille, OR, 97423
      Bertha Hugh 30 Dec 1912
      - Valley Mountain Mobile Home PA, Coquille, OR, 97423

      Social Security Death Index
      Name: Hans R. Hugh
      SSN: 535-16-1963 issued: Washington (Before 1951)
      Last Residence: 97467 Reedsport, Douglas, Oregon
      Born: 5 Jun 1913 - Died: 15 Oct 2004
      ==========
      Name: Bertha M. Hugh
      SSN: 448-12-0900 issued: Oklahoma (Before 1951)
      Last Residence: 97423 Coquille, Coos, Oregon
      Born: 30 Dec 1907 - Died: 4 Apr 1999
      NOTE: I would believe the accuracy of this birthyear over the birthyear in the Public Records.

      Looking at Ancestry.com and RootsWeb.com and Google, I am not finding any other documents or "hard facts" - the occurrences are too recent (Privacy of Information limitations).

      As was mentioned, another place to look is the "secondary market" - research that other people have already done that might, or might not, be accurate. (WARNING: ALWAYS verify information! One wrong piece of information can collapse a conjectured family tree like a house of cards!)

      I didn't find anything useful at RootsWeb, but - - -

      Ancestry.com Public Member Tree (Owner: sadahlman)
      http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/24880212/person/1943944451?ssrc=
      Hans R. Hugh
      - Birth 5 Jun 1913 in Washington
      - Death 15 Oct 2004 in Reedsport, Douglas, Oregon
      - (no parents listed)
      who was married to
      Bertha M. Fuller (Foster) (Hugh)
      - Birth 12-30-1907 in Oklahoma, USA
      - Death 4 Apr 1999 in Coquille, Coos, Oregon
      - (no parents listed)
      who was previously married to
      Delmar F. Foster
      - Birth 29 Jun 1905 in Arkansas, USA
      - Death 15 Jun 1966 in Monterey, California
      - (no parents listed)

      1930 Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
      Foster, Delmar F/24:AR:AR:AR, Bertha M/23:OK:OK:OK,
      (), James D/4+2m, Arthur A/3+7m, Irene/6m

      Good luck and good hunting - and remember to VERIFY!

      - Tom Knox

      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "R D" <caliboy1972@...> wrote:

      > I need help in tracking a few family names not sure if the work is already done.
      > Hans Raymond Hugh died in 2004 in oregon. Mostly I need help on his wifes side Bertha, her siblings and if line work has been done.
      > Thanks,
      > Rono

    • lee taylor
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 22, 2011
        Do you have Bertha's maiden name and place of birth???

        Lee Taylor-Elliott

        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 25, 2011
          Tom,
          I've never heard of U.S. Public Records.  How do I locate them?

          Thanks,
          Lee
           leet_91737@...

          Lee Taylor-Elliott

          > ... not sure if the work is already done.

          Even if the work is "already done", you need to verify it!

          =====

          U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
          Hans Raymond Hugh, RR 1 POB 199, Coquille, OR, 97423 (1994)
          Bertha M Hugh, RR 1 POB 199, Coquille, OR, 97423 (1993)

          U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
          Hans R Hugh 5 Jun 1913
          - 199 RR 1 Box, Coquille, OR, 97423
          Bertha Hugh 30 Dec 1912
          - Valley Mountain Mobile Home PA, Coquille, OR, 97423

          Social Security Death Index
          Name: Hans R. Hugh
          SSN: 535-16-1963 issued: Washington (Before 1951)
          Last Residence: 97467 Reedsport, Douglas, Oregon
          Born: 5 Jun 1913 - Died: 15 Oct 2004
          ==========
          Name: Bertha M. Hugh
          SSN: 448-12-0900 issued: Oklahoma (Before 1951)
          Last Residence: 97423 Coquille, Coos, Oregon
          Born: 30 Dec 1907 - Died: 4 Apr 1999
          NOTE: I would believe the accuracy of this birthyear over the birthyear in the Public Records.

          Looking at Ancestry.com and RootsWeb.com and Google, I am not finding any other documents or "hard facts" - the occurrences are too recent (Privacy of Information limitations).

          As was mentioned, another place to look is the "secondary market" - research that other people have already done that might, or might not, be accurate. (WARNING: ALWAYS verify information! One wrong piece of information can collapse a conjectured family tree like a house of cards!)

          I didn't find anything useful at RootsWeb, but - - -

          Ancestry.com Public Member Tree (Owner: sadahlman)
          http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/24880212/person/1943944451?ssrc=
          Hans R. Hugh
          - Birth 5 Jun 1913 in Washington
          - Death 15 Oct 2004 in Reedsport, Douglas, Oregon
          - (no parents listed)
          who was married to
          Bertha M. Fuller (Foster) (Hugh)
          - Birth 12-30-1907 in Oklahoma, USA
          - Death 4 Apr 1999 in Coquille, Coos, Oregon
          - (no parents listed)
          who was previously married to
          Delmar F. Foster
          - Birth 29 Jun 1905 in Arkansas, USA
          - Death 15 Jun 1966 in Monterey, California
          - (no parents listed)

          1930 Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
          Foster, Delmar F/24:AR:AR:AR, Bertha M/23:OK:OK:OK,
          (), James D/4+2m, Arthur A/3+7m, Irene/6m

          Good luck and good hunting - and remember to VERIFY!

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "R D" <caliboy1972@...> wrote:

          > I need help in tracking a few family names not sure if the work is already done.
          > Hans Raymond Hugh died in 2004 in oregon. Mostly I need help on his wifes side Bertha, her siblings and if line work has been done.
          > Thanks,
          > Rono

        • Bloodhound; Kermit
          Message 4 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
            "U.S. Public Records Index" (Volumes 1 and 2)
            are two databases at Ancestry.com -
            "The U.S. Public Records Index is a compilation of various public records spanning all 50 states in the United States from 1950 to 1993. Entries in this index may contain the following information: name, street or mailing address, telephone number, birth date or birth year."
            http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1788&enc=1
            - White pages
            - Directory assistance records
            - Marketing lists