Re: My New Hampshire Brick Wall

  • mccgram
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 21 4:47 PM
      --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "lobsterjesus" <lobsterjesus@...> wrote:

      > My 3rd great grandmother was Sally D. Elliot from Sandwich, New Hampshire. She married Jonathan S. Morrill from Tuftonboro, NH in 1826. She moved to Portland Maine a few years later, and started a huge family of Morrills whom are still flourishing today in Portland. The problem is that I can't find any information on Sally's roots. I know she was born June 1805 in Sandwich. I don't know who her parents are, and the Town of Sandwich has no record. Looking at Census records from 1800 & 1810 in that County produces nobody with the last name Elliot (or any variation).
      >
      > Any ideas on how I could potentially learn who her parents were?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Scott Leonard
      > San Francisco, CA
      >**********************************\
      have you tried for a marriage record? often the parents are listed.
    • Ahliss Helton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21 9:57 PM
        Did you try usgenweb and nothing on rootsweb world connect you said.

        > My 3rd great grandmother was Sally D. Elliot from Sandwich, New Hampshire. She married Jonathan S. Morrill from Tuftonboro, NH in 1826. She moved to Portland Maine a few years later, and started a huge family of Morrills whom are still flourishing today in Portland. The problem is that I can't find any information on Sally's roots. I know she was born June 1805 in Sandwich. I don't know who her parents are, and the Town of Sandwich has no record. Looking at Census records from 1800 & 1810 in that County produces nobody with the last name Elliot (or any variation).
        >
        > Any ideas on how I could potentially learn who her parents were?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Scott Leonard
        > San Francisco, CA
      • Ahliss
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 23 5:09 PM
          I went to ancestry.com and there is a family tree with Sally D. Elliot b. 1805 d. 1889 she was married to Jonathan S. Morrill. There is marriage certificate and death certificate. Ancestry.com is doing a 14 day free trial so you get on yourself and check on this info.

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "mccgram" <mccgram@...> wrote:

          > --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "lobsterjesus" <lobsterjesus@> wrote:
          > >
          > > My 3rd great grandmother was Sally D. Elliot from Sandwich, New Hampshire. She married Jonathan S. Morrill from Tuftonboro, NH in 1826. She moved to Portland Maine a few years later, and started a huge family of Morrills whom are still flourishing today in Portland. The problem is that I can't find any information on Sally's roots. I know she was born June 1805 in Sandwich. I don't know who her parents are, and the Town of Sandwich has no record. Looking at Census records from 1800 & 1810 in that County produces nobody with the last name Elliot (or any variation).
          > >
          > > Any ideas on how I could potentially learn who her parents were?
          > >
          > > Thanks,
          > >
          > > Scott Leonard
          > > San Francisco, CA
          > have you tried for a marriage record? often the parents are listed.

        • lobsterjesus
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 25 4:25 AM
            Thanks, I am on Ancestry, and the tree you found is mine. :-) I've yet to learn who Sally's parents really were, as the records I have don't state it. There was a tree that claimed her parents were Benjamin & Susan, but it's a long shot, and there are no records, so I can't back it up.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 25 4:35 AM
              Thanks, I will do that!