Hugh family history

  • R D
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 13, 2011
      I need help in tracking a few family names not sure if the work is already done.

      Hans Raymond Hugh died in 2004 in oregon. Mostly I need help on his wifes side Bertha, her siblings and if line work has been done.

      Thanks,

      Rono
    • Jan
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 18, 2011
        Oregon is a hard state to search, nothing is online, most everything especially as recent as 2004 you will have to pay for records, such as death, marriage, birth.
        Have you searched on ancestry.com? Sometimes they have 14 day free trials. They have census records up to 1930, the 1940 is not public yet.
        Good Luck

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "R D" <caliboy1972@...> wrote:

        > I need help in tracking a few family names not sure if the work is already done.
        >
        > Hans Raymond Hugh died in 2004 in oregon. Mostly I need help on his wifes side Bertha, her siblings and if line work has been done.
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Rono

      • Ahliss Helton
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 19, 2011
          rootsweb is also good place to put name in to see if anyone has done anything on her or family

          and also genweb.

          Oregon is a hard state to search, nothing is online, most everything especially as recent as 2004 you will have to pay for records, such as death, marriage, birth.
          Have you searched on ancestry.com? Sometimes they have 14 day free trials. They have census records up to 1930, the 1940 is not public yet.
          Good Luck

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "R D" <caliboy1972@...> wrote:

          > I need help in tracking a few family names not sure if the work is already done.
          >
          > Hans Raymond Hugh died in 2004 in oregon. Mostly I need help on his wifes side Bertha, her siblings and if line work has been done.
          >
          > Thanks,
          >
          > Rono

        • lee taylor
          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 21, 2011
            My suggestion is establish which county your relative lived in  or even died in and join that genealogy club, if it's a small town sometimes you can write to the little town library and befriend someone who works there and ask for help. Bee sure to say please and thank you and ask if they charge for copies.  I send thank you cards and sometimes a Christmas card to again say thank you.

            Lee Taylor-Elliott

            Oregon is a hard state to search, nothing is online, most everything especially as recent as 2004 you will have to pay for records, such as death, marriage, birth.
            Have you searched on ancestry.com? Sometimes they have 14 day free trials. They have census records up to 1930, the 1940 is not public yet.
            Good Luck

            --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "R D" <caliboy1972@...> wrote:

            > I need help in tracking a few family names not sure if the work is already done.
            >
            > Hans Raymond Hugh died in 2004 in oregon. Mostly I need help on his wifes side Bertha, her siblings and if line work has been done.
            >
            > Thanks,
            >
            > Rono

          • Bloodhound; Kermit
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 22, 2011
              > ... not sure if the work is already done.

              Even if the work is "already done", you need to verify it!

              =====

              U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
              Hans Raymond Hugh, RR 1 POB 199, Coquille, OR, 97423 (1994)
              Bertha M Hugh, RR 1 POB 199, Coquille, OR, 97423 (1993)

              U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
              Hans R Hugh 5 Jun 1913
              - 199 RR 1 Box, Coquille, OR, 97423
              Bertha Hugh 30 Dec 1912
              - Valley Mountain Mobile Home PA, Coquille, OR, 97423

              Social Security Death Index
              Name: Hans R. Hugh
              SSN: 535-16-1963 issued: Washington (Before 1951)
              Last Residence: 97467 Reedsport, Douglas, Oregon
              Born: 5 Jun 1913 - Died: 15 Oct 2004
              ==========
              Name: Bertha M. Hugh
              SSN: 448-12-0900 issued: Oklahoma (Before 1951)
              Last Residence: 97423 Coquille, Coos, Oregon
              Born: 30 Dec 1907 - Died: 4 Apr 1999
              NOTE: I would believe the accuracy of this birthyear over the birthyear in the Public Records.

              Looking at Ancestry.com and RootsWeb.com and Google, I am not finding any other documents or "hard facts" - the occurrences are too recent (Privacy of Information limitations).

              As was mentioned, another place to look is the "secondary market" - research that other people have already done that might, or might not, be accurate. (WARNING: ALWAYS verify information! One wrong piece of information can collapse a conjectured family tree like a house of cards!)

              I didn't find anything useful at RootsWeb, but - - -

              Ancestry.com Public Member Tree (Owner: sadahlman)
              http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/24880212/person/1943944451?ssrc=
              Hans R. Hugh
              - Birth 5 Jun 1913 in Washington
              - Death 15 Oct 2004 in Reedsport, Douglas, Oregon
              - (no parents listed)
              who was married to
              Bertha M. Fuller (Foster) (Hugh)
              - Birth 12-30-1907 in Oklahoma, USA
              - Death 4 Apr 1999 in Coquille, Coos, Oregon
              - (no parents listed)
              who was previously married to
              Delmar F. Foster
              - Birth 29 Jun 1905 in Arkansas, USA
              - Death 15 Jun 1966 in Monterey, California
              - (no parents listed)

              1930 Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
              Foster, Delmar F/24:AR:AR:AR, Bertha M/23:OK:OK:OK,
              (), James D/4+2m, Arthur A/3+7m, Irene/6m

              Good luck and good hunting - and remember to VERIFY!

              - Tom Knox

              --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "R D" <caliboy1972@...> wrote:

              > I need help in tracking a few family names not sure if the work is already done.
              > Hans Raymond Hugh died in 2004 in oregon. Mostly I need help on his wifes side Bertha, her siblings and if line work has been done.
              > Thanks,
              > Rono

            • lee taylor
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 22, 2011
                Do you have Bertha's maiden name and place of birth???

                Lee Taylor-Elliott

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 25, 2011
                  Tom,
                  I've never heard of U.S. Public Records.  How do I locate them?

                  Thanks,
                  Lee
                   leet_91737@...

                  Lee Taylor-Elliott

                  > ... not sure if the work is already done.

                  Even if the work is "already done", you need to verify it!

                  =====

                  U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 1
                  Hans Raymond Hugh, RR 1 POB 199, Coquille, OR, 97423 (1994)
                  Bertha M Hugh, RR 1 POB 199, Coquille, OR, 97423 (1993)

                  U.S. Public Records Index, Volume 2
                  Hans R Hugh 5 Jun 1913
                  - 199 RR 1 Box, Coquille, OR, 97423
                  Bertha Hugh 30 Dec 1912
                  - Valley Mountain Mobile Home PA, Coquille, OR, 97423

                  Social Security Death Index
                  Name: Hans R. Hugh
                  SSN: 535-16-1963 issued: Washington (Before 1951)
                  Last Residence: 97467 Reedsport, Douglas, Oregon
                  Born: 5 Jun 1913 - Died: 15 Oct 2004
                  ==========
                  Name: Bertha M. Hugh
                  SSN: 448-12-0900 issued: Oklahoma (Before 1951)
                  Last Residence: 97423 Coquille, Coos, Oregon
                  Born: 30 Dec 1907 - Died: 4 Apr 1999
                  NOTE: I would believe the accuracy of this birthyear over the birthyear in the Public Records.

                  Looking at Ancestry.com and RootsWeb.com and Google, I am not finding any other documents or "hard facts" - the occurrences are too recent (Privacy of Information limitations).

                  As was mentioned, another place to look is the "secondary market" - research that other people have already done that might, or might not, be accurate. (WARNING: ALWAYS verify information! One wrong piece of information can collapse a conjectured family tree like a house of cards!)

                  I didn't find anything useful at RootsWeb, but - - -

                  Ancestry.com Public Member Tree (Owner: sadahlman)
                  http://trees.ancestry.com/tree/24880212/person/1943944451?ssrc=
                  Hans R. Hugh
                  - Birth 5 Jun 1913 in Washington
                  - Death 15 Oct 2004 in Reedsport, Douglas, Oregon
                  - (no parents listed)
                  who was married to
                  Bertha M. Fuller (Foster) (Hugh)
                  - Birth 12-30-1907 in Oklahoma, USA
                  - Death 4 Apr 1999 in Coquille, Coos, Oregon
                  - (no parents listed)
                  who was previously married to
                  Delmar F. Foster
                  - Birth 29 Jun 1905 in Arkansas, USA
                  - Death 15 Jun 1966 in Monterey, California
                  - (no parents listed)

                  1930 Tulsa, Tulsa, Oklahoma
                  Foster, Delmar F/24:AR:AR:AR, Bertha M/23:OK:OK:OK,
                  (), James D/4+2m, Arthur A/3+7m, Irene/6m

                  Good luck and good hunting - and remember to VERIFY!

                  - Tom Knox

                  --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "R D" <caliboy1972@...> wrote:

                  > I need help in tracking a few family names not sure if the work is already done.
                  > Hans Raymond Hugh died in 2004 in oregon. Mostly I need help on his wifes side Bertha, her siblings and if line work has been done.
                  > Thanks,
                  > Rono

                • Bloodhound; Kermit
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jul 5, 2011
                    "U.S. Public Records Index" (Volumes 1 and 2)
                    are two databases at Ancestry.com -
                    "The U.S. Public Records Index is a compilation of various public records spanning all 50 states in the United States from 1950 to 1993. Entries in this index may contain the following information: name, street or mailing address, telephone number, birth date or birth year."
                    http://search.ancestry.com/search/db.aspx?dbid=1788&enc=1
                    - White pages
                    - Directory assistance records
                    - Marketing lists