Re: Wilhelm John GUILZON

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 11, 2011
      Roberta -

      Is this him?

      1900 Yorktown(Yonkers), Westchester, New York
      (in the household of August & Mary Kuhl)
      Guilzon, William, son-in-law 30 married 2 yrs born Jul 1869 Germany
      - immigration 1890
      Emma, daughter 19 married 2 yrs born Jun 1880 New York
      Edward, son 2m born Mar 1900 New York

      1920 Athens, Greene, New York
      Guilzon, William, head 49 married, born Germany
      - immigration 1892, naturalized 1918
      (), Emma/39, Edward/20, Matilda/10,
      (), William/5, August/5, Emma/5, Lillian/4+3m
      (1930: same family, same locale: William J Guilzon)

      Have you tried Castle Garden (NY)? http://castlegarden.org/
      "... an extraordinary database of information on 11 million immigrants from 1820 through 1892, the year Ellis Island opened."

      Possible variants: GULTZOW/GULZOW (with or without umlaut-U);
      GILSON/GILTSON/GUILTSON/GUILSON/GUELSON/...

      - Tom Knox