Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Need help finding railroad info - addendum

  • s
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 9, 2011
      He worked for the Pa RR Co.
      sunny

      From: Sunny
      Sent: Tuesday, May 17, 2011 12:26 AM
      To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Genealogy Research Club] Need help finding railroad info

      How would I go about finding more (online) info on my maternal grandfather's time working on the PA railroad system? All I know is, he was a member of the Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen and was in Pa. I don't know what area/town he lived in in PA.

    • Vetqueen
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 11, 2011
        Google PA Railroad. One site I looked at was the Pennsylvania Railroad Technical and Historical Society at http://www.prrths.com/. They have a research contact too.
        Good luck. Diane

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Sunny" <circa_1948@...> wrote:

        > How would I go about finding more (online) info on my maternal grandfather's time working on the PA railroad system? All I know is, he was a member of the Brotherhood of Railroad Trainmen and was in Pa. I don't know what area/town he lived in in PA.
        >
        > He possibly worked the RR in MI approx 1905-1925-30
        > and OH approx 1925 or 30 but he also had other jobs in those states so not sure so, I am focusing on Pa for now.
        >
        > (In MI he lived in Detroit and in Ohio he lived in Canton).
        >
        > NAME: James Allen Howard
        > DOB: Nov. 1, 1885 in Pa.
        > DOD: Sept. 16, 1962 in Canton, Ohio.
        >
        > Other than city born in, I do not need other data info abt him. I have all I need...am only interested in his RR occupation at this time; what his capacity was, name of trains he worked on or yards he worked for etc.
        >
        > I am in Wa state, not the other states mentioned and will not be traveling to them so I am forced to only search online.
        > Thanks to all for any direction you can give me.
        > Sunny

      • s
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 18, 2011
          thanks, will check it out.