George Washington Witmer

  • Joseph
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2011
      Sorry to cross post, but I'm getting desperate here <g><

      I'm looking for the parents of George Washington Witmer. I found him in the
      1850 Census here:

      https://www.familysearch.org/search/image/show#uri=https%3A%2F%2Fapi.familysearch.org%2Frecords%2Fpal%3A%2FMM9.1.i%2Fdgs%3A004199334.004199334_00329

      His wife was Ann Gilpin, and their children were:
      Wilhelmina,
      Martin VanBuren (my 2nd great-grandfather),
      David,
      Margaret,
      Margaret,
      Mary, and
      John

      I can't seem to be able to find anything past him. I've been told by elders in
      the family that while he and his children were born in Maryland, his
      (grand)parents? were from the Amish country of Pennsylvania. They said his his
      (grand)mother was a French girl with the last name of "Ferree." I've found some
      Witmer/Ferree's at Roots Web, but there's no links...

      George Witmer is my 3rd great-grandfather born about 1813.

      Anyone have any ideas as to his parents? Thanks so much in advance for any
      assistance.

      Joseph