French/Canadian ...

  • Judith Blackman
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3, 2011
      Hello all,

      I too am a newby to your group, though not to ancestrial searching.

      My Father stated that he was Scotch/Irish/English and French Canadian/Indian(Cherokee). This was related to and stated in, two distinct parts so I think that the French/Canadian, was his Mother's paternal side and I know for a fact that the Indian was on his Mother's maternal side.

      I search for the French/Canadian part. That should be spelled either Sarten or Sartain. His full name was Stanbury Wright III b.15 Nov.1904, Eureka Springs, Carrol, AR. All children were born in the same place. Another piece perhaps of the puzzle (I don't understand French)he always called any cat we had: jung moc (moc like smoke).

      Shake those trees!

      Judith Blackman
      blkmn36@...