Need direction can anyone advise me on this?

  • Sheila
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 17, 2011
      Martha Malone Murphy
      March 2011 research

      Census 1860 Martha is age 24 (born 1836)
      Census 1870 Martha is age 34 (born 1836) in KY
      Census 1880 Martha is age 40 (born 1840) in KY and her parents were born KY
      Census 1890 Missing
      Census 1900 Could not find Martha in Hamilton Co OH or in Kenton Co KY.

      William's Directory Cincinnati OH 1896 shows Martha, widow of James living at 33 Elm St in Cinti
      Her death cert shows she had been living for 2 years in Covington, so that would have been about 1906.

      I believe she should be on the Hamilton County OH census in 1900.

      Death Cert gives age as 65 yrs and 9 mo (born 1842 or 1843). She has lived in Covington for 2 years.
      Both parents were born in KY Parents are John and Mary Malone

      St Joseph Cemetery Cincinnati OH 1908 Martha born Ireland age 65 (born 1843) late residence
      Covington KY (Kenton Co) Parents "unknown" No funeral director or informant name.

      Headstone at St. Joseph's cemetery says 1840-1908

      Obit - Cincinnati Times Star 5/14/1908 and 5/15/1908 says she died at the home of her daughter Jennie Craner in Covington KY. Funeral mass as at St. Patrick Church (I assume in Covington) Note: obit has "St Louis papers please copy")

      Hamilton County OH marriage record- Martha married James Murphy Jan 14, 1858 by a justice
      of the peace.

      Baptismal records for children of Martha Malone and James Murphy: (some are very hard to read)
      Sacramental records of the archdiocese of Cincinnati.

      1859 Emmiline Jane sponsors James McLaughlin and Maria McCord?
      1860 Alice Francis sponsors Thomas McGovern and ? Courtny?
      1862 James Anthony sponsors James Cullan Mary McDugal?
      1865 Rosanne sponsors Michael Quigley Anna Golding
      1870 William sponsors James Carrolton and Emma Meyers

      Other children according to the census: Mary Ann and Daniel and Jennie. We think this Mary Ann
      is Mary (Murphy) Withoff who apparently wasn't Martha's daughter but was raised by Martha.

      Questions:

      Where was Martha before 1858 when she married James Murphy in Cincinnati?

      Who are her parents and where are they from?

      Was she born in Paris KY or in Ireland?

      Did she have brothers or sisters?