Re: Free Civil War Records (cross posted)

  • tenmans38@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 14, 2011
      Thank you Tammy and Karen. The two Harrison Thompson's in Illinois
      could not have been mine.But the one that enrolled in St. Joseph Mo.
      on March 19 1862 and mustered in March 21 1862 there is mine.
      He did not marry until Aug 1871. I am going to be digging around in
      the St Joseph Mo. area looking for any sibling obits.His Fathers
      name was George Thompson and there are two of them living there
      in the 1861 directory. Three Thompsons were pony express riders there
      then.And the Mayor was named Thompson to. I hope to find some
      more ancestors there.;-)

      Mike