Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Proper Names/Nicknames - TO JEN R.

  • Karen Minnemeyer
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2011
      Jen:

      I thought you might enjoy this little story about the infamous Ravena May "Aunt Susie".  She spent her final years in our local Masonic Home.  The Minister there had a slight speech impediment and had great difficulty pronouncing Ravena.  At her funeral he told me that one day she had told him to just call her Susie so he wouldn't have so much trouble.  He thought that was so kind and compassionate of her.  I had to chuckle, then told him that Susie was the name she had used all her life.  He thought that was hilarious and a great joke on him.

      Karen

      Karen E. Minnemeyer
      kamiki1@...
      http://kamiki2.tribalpages.com