  • claire frustine
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 5, 2011
      Hello fellow researchers does anyone have the ability to search LA California newspapers from 1953 my newly discovered uncle was killed on dec 30th 1953 after serveing in WWII
      during some robbery or holdup his name was John Zyblowicz but a death notice I saw
      had his name spelled wrong something like Zvicih or something like that??? any help out there his mothers maiden name was Anna Shimala and his father was Adam Zyblowicz
      any help would be very much appricated since I was born in 1953 i never had the pleasure
      of meeting him.he was born in 1924 or 5 in Chicago,IL.

    • Mounts, Michelle
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 5, 2011
        I have access to the LA Times, but I don't believe the online access goes back that far.

        I haven't had much luck with the Los Angeles library staff but I would suggest calling a library there and requesting help. If that fails, look for a volunteer on RAOGK.com.

        Good Luck!
        Michelle Mounts
        JoFriday0047@... | Forensic Genealogy and Missing/Unidentified Person Research |
        T 503.330.3451 | F 503.820.3045 |

        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 5, 2011
          It probably was not the LA Times but the Hearld. What does the death certificate give as his spelling??

          Lee Taylor-Elliott

            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 6, 2011
              Was he part of the 17th airborn division? I don't know anything abt that dividion or where/when served but
              thought I'd mention there is a John Zyblowicz ref to being in the 17th at google books
              http://books.google.com/books
              I searched John Zyblowicz
              Sunny

              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 7, 2011
                Uncle John had just finished his WWII SERVICE and was in LA when he was killed somebody contacted his family and they stopped his being buried in California and had him flown home to Chicago,IL. He was buried in Ressurection- in Justice il.along with the rest of his family.

                From: s <circa_1948@...>
                To: genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Wednesday, April 6, 2011, 1:53 AM

                Message 7 of 7 , Apr 7, 2011
                  Not sure except it was way off something like Zvoic way off his familys spelling the death notice is on Ansestry with the wrong spelling and only his mothers maiden name Shimala
                  I pay for ancestry but I can't turn on my cookies ???? so my payments are going to waste right now.