More German Genealogy Tips

  • mark_f_rabideau
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 4, 2011
      Hello all,

      For those interested in such things, here is my third in a series of German Genealogy Tips. I hope someone finds the tips helpful.

      http://www.many-roads.com/2011/04/04/german-genealogy-tips-3/

      My earlier posts are to be found at:

      http://www.many-roads.com/2011/03/15/german-genealogy-tips/
      http://www.many-roads.com/2011/03/18/german-genealogy-tips-2/

      Feel free to send me any questions you might have on German Genealogy and I'll include them in a future post on this subject.

      ...mark
    • Pamela Curry
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 10, 2011
        Hey,

        I have done some genealogy research on my german side and do have a tree posted on ancestry. I do have all the way back to the 1600's however, I pretty much just have names or stuff from the US on the family. I was trying to get documents such as obits, war records birth and death stuff for my family line from Germany. My second great grandfather was Jacob Zeininger, he came here from germany in 1867 on the Normannia ship. How can I get documents on his life and family from germany? I believe he was from Wuttenberg and I know that there was a Anna Maria Spieth from Bolvaria too.