Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Re: Home Jails in Denmark?

  • Tammy Evans
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 23, 2011
      Hello, reading your post about Peter Peterson and was wondering if your Peterson is any relation to a John Peterson b. 1833 Denmark that came to America in 1863? His father was Peder Anderson b. 1788 Qvandioese (Kvanioese) Parish, Denmark his was Anders Person b. 1749 Asmindrup, Denmark his was Peder Nielsen.

      Thanks
      Tammy Evans

      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 24, 2011
        Are you certain they had prisoners in their home and not that they lived at the jail? There is, of course, a difference. I’ve seen jailors and inmates listed on census pages in the U.S., and they are not the jailers homes but the prisons or jails that often have a home for the head jailer/warden.

        Dawn

        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 6, 2011
          Hi Tammy. As far as I know, there was no John in my family, and they were all from Alborg for generations prior, not Asmindrup. Peter Petersen is an extremely common name, unfortunately for both of us!

          Scott Leonard

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "Tammy Evans" <hydi828@...> wrote:

          > Hello, reading your post about Peter Peterson and was wondering if your Peterson is any relation to a John Peterson b. 1833 Denmark that came to America in 1863? His father was Peder Anderson b. 1788 Qvandioese (Kvanioese) Parish, Denmark his was Anders Person b. 1749 Asmindrup, Denmark his was Peder Nielsen.
          >
          > Thanks
          > Tammy Evans

        • Tammy Evans
          Message 4 of 8 , Apr 9, 2011