Researching "British Home Children" (BHC)

  • timothyfcampbell
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 23 6:55 AM
      In all my years of research I have finally come across 2 BHC in a family branch. From 1857 to 1967 100,000 (mostly) children were emigrated from the UK to Africa, Australia and Canada (and some moved on to the US), by some 50 sending agencies.

      I am particularily interested in learning about the Catholic Emmigration Society, Catholic Immigration Society or Catholic Rescue Society and more importantly where are their records today.

      Also interested to know if anyone has experience dealing with Fegan's, and if there are any records still in Canada.

      Thanks in advance for your comments.