Re: Maybe a brickwall is starting to come apart

  • Bloodhound; Kermit
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 14, 2011
      Hello again Bob -

      > 1860 Harrison, Elkhart, Indiana (all dittoed as born PA)
      > Reese, Wallace/38, Sarah C/27, Mary/15, Catharine J/13,
      > (), Henry ne/9, John S/6, David/3, Phebe M/1

      > Looking at the agess would indicate that Sarah could not be
      > the mother of Catherine. It would appear that both Wallace (38)
      > and Sarah (27) were not the parents of the two oldest children,
      > Mary 15 and Catherine 13.

      Au contraire!
      I agree that Sarah was not the mother of Mary & Catherine,
      but it would be VERY possible for Wallace to be their father!

      Especially with THIS census, that includes another generation -

      1850 Connellsville, Fayette, Pennsylvania (all dittoed as born PA)
      Reese, Andrew/76, Jane/70,
      (), Wallace/31, Caroline/27, Mary/5, Catharin/2
      Lindley Neucumin/9
      NOTE: gee, look at that - daughters Mary and Catharin!

      1840 Connellsville, Fayette, Pennsylvania (all dittoed as born PA)
      Andrew Resse - ....1....1...-...1....1....
      1 male age 20 to under 30 - probably Wallace,
      1 male age 70 to under 80 - probably Andrew but wrong age range?,
      1 female age 15 to under 20 - unknown female (could it be Caroline?),
      1 female age 60 to under 70 - probably Jane.

      Bob -

      I could email-attach the census to you, but YahooGroups 'protect' your email address; if I click on it to email you, I can't attach; and if I cut-n-paste your e-addy into my email, it won't send.
      You can email me direct at tomknox2001 @ yahoo . com

      - Tom Knox