Re: [Genealogy Research Club] Florida Brick Wall

  • Tammy Jernigan
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 14, 2011
      I found this for you.
      Name:
      William Derosier

      SSN:
      262-46-5680

      Last Residence:
      33402  West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America

      Born:

      Died:
      May 1982

      State (Year) SSN issued:
      Florida (Before 1951)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Name:
      William A Derosier

      Death Date:

      County of Death:
      Palm Beach

      State of Death:
      Florida

      Age at Death:
      67

      Race:
      White

      Birth Date:
      23 Apr 1915--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      I hope this helps.

      Tammy Jernigan
      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Themesserfamily/

      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2011
        j~

        He (probably) wouldn't apply for a new SS card,
        but he COULD apply for a name change on a card.

        Do you have his birthdate, that matches one of these?

        Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
        Joseph William Derosier, d. 11 Mar 1981, Duval County
        - age 87, b. 15 Jan 1894
        William A Derosier, d. 4 May 1982, Palm Beach County
        - age 67, b. 23 Apr 1915
        Joseph William Derosier, d. 18 Feb 1975, Dade County
        - age 33, b. 12 Jul 1941

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "crossman_jay" <crossman_jay@...> wrote:

        > My grandfathers brother left New York and moved to the West Palm Beach area of Florida under dubious circumstances. His assumed name was Bill DeRosier and lived with his girlfriend/wife Mildred DeRosier (He assumed her last name).
        >
        > Currently I am unable to find out where he is buried or death certificate. I have searched the SSDI but am under the assumption that if you are using an alias, you don't re-apply for a SS card. Death was about 1985.
        >
        > Anyone have any work around ideas?
        >
        > Happy hunting'
        >
        > j~

      • lee taylor
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 15, 2011
          Did you check newspapers? He would have had been collecting social security for him to show up.

          Lee Taylor-Elliott