Villar

  • Marcie
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 26, 2011
      Hello, I just found out my ancestors were from England on my father's side. I was wondering if anybody could help me with this new kind of search. I found their information on the census. He was born in Leckhampton, Gloucester, England. Does anybody know anything about this place? I am not familiar with the cities or towns there, more than just famous historical places.

      The address shows as: New Court House
      Census Place: Charlton Kings, Gloucester, England

      thank you,
      Marcie
      USA
    • DABennink
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 24, 2011
        What is it that you would like to know about the place? It has a wikipedia page that might be a nice start for you.

        http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlton_Kings

        I’m sure some googling would turn up lots of information about the area. My grandmother was born less than 50 miles from there.

        In what year did you find them in the census? What was the head of household’s occupation? I ask because these are the clues that can tell you not just where your ancestor was but sometimes WHY they were there.

        Dawn
        also in the USA