Florida Brick Wall

  • crossman_jay
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2011
      My grandfathers brother left New York and moved to the West Palm Beach area of Florida under dubious circumstances. His assumed name was Bill DeRosier and lived with his girlfriend/wife Mildred DeRosier (He assumed her last name).

      Currently I am unable to find out where he is buried or death certificate. I have searched the SSDI but am under the assumption that if you are using an alias, you don't re-apply for a SS card. Death was about 1985.

      Anyone have any work around ideas?

      Happy hunting'

      j~
    • Tammy Jernigan
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 14, 2011
        I found this for you.
        Name:
        William Derosier

        SSN:
        262-46-5680

        Last Residence:
        33402  West Palm Beach, Palm Beach, Florida, United States of America

        Born:

        Died:
        May 1982

        State (Year) SSN issued:
        Florida (Before 1951)-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Name:
        William A Derosier

        Death Date:

        County of Death:
        Palm Beach

        State of Death:
        Florida

        Age at Death:
        67

        Race:
        White

        Birth Date:
        23 Apr 1915--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        I hope this helps.

        Tammy Jernigan
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Themesserfamily/

        My grandfathers brother left New York and moved to the West Palm Beach area of Florida under dubious circumstances. His assumed name was Bill DeRosier and lived with his girlfriend/wife Mildred DeRosier (He assumed her last name).

        Currently I am unable to find out where he is buried or death certificate. I have searched the SSDI but am under the assumption that if you are using an alias, you don't re-apply for a SS card. Death was about 1985.

        Anyone have any work around ideas?

        Happy hunting'

        j~

      • Bloodhound; Kermit
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 14, 2011
          j~

          He (probably) wouldn't apply for a new SS card,
          but he COULD apply for a name change on a card.

          Do you have his birthdate, that matches one of these?

          Florida Death Index, 1877-1998
          Joseph William Derosier, d. 11 Mar 1981, Duval County
          - age 87, b. 15 Jan 1894
          William A Derosier, d. 4 May 1982, Palm Beach County
          - age 67, b. 23 Apr 1915
          Joseph William Derosier, d. 18 Feb 1975, Dade County
          - age 33, b. 12 Jul 1941

          - Tom Knox

          --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "crossman_jay" <crossman_jay@...> wrote:

          > My grandfathers brother left New York and moved to the West Palm Beach area of Florida under dubious circumstances. His assumed name was Bill DeRosier and lived with his girlfriend/wife Mildred DeRosier (He assumed her last name).
          >
          > Currently I am unable to find out where he is buried or death certificate. I have searched the SSDI but am under the assumption that if you are using an alias, you don't re-apply for a SS card. Death was about 1985.
          >
          > Anyone have any work around ideas?
          >
          > Happy hunting'
          >
          > j~

        • lee taylor
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 15, 2011
            Did you check newspapers? He would have had been collecting social security for him to show up.

            Lee Taylor-Elliott