can anyone help

  • Windy Smith
    Message 1 of 20 , Mar 2, 2011
      Hello

      I am looking for any information on my grandmother before she married.

      On her son's death certificate she is listed as Annie Carter. What I am
      pretty sure of is that she married Richmond/Richard C Poston before 1905 and
      lived in Groveton, Texas after that. She died in Conroe Tx in 1947.
      Richard died on July 6, 1930 in Houston Texas, killed in the Houston
      Electric Streetcar shop by a streetcar. But I can't find a record of their
      marriage and can't tell which Annie Carter she was before marriage and so
      can't trace her heritage.

      I would appreciate any help anyone on this list could give me.

      Windy

    • Tammy Jernigan
      Message 2 of 20 , Mar 14, 2011
        Hi, This is what I found for you. Annie brother Webb Carter was with her and her family in 1910. Here in 1900 is him and Annie with their parents in 1900 census.
        1900 census.Justice Precinct 5, Burleson, Texas
        Name
        Age

        John Carter
        50

        Sarah A Carter
        46

        Annie Carter
        18

        George Carter
        16

        Joe Carter
        15

        Pearl Carter
        13

        Webb Carter
        11

        Tom Carter
        9

        Leona Carter
        4

        Eugene Carter
        Father's birthplace is Louisiana in Feb. 1850. Mother's birthplace is Texas in Dec. 1853.
        If you need any more help with your search just let me know. Happy hunting.

        Tammy Jernigan
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Themesserfamily/