looking for graduation photo for grandmother

  • dhartomine
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2011
      I'm hoping someone can help me out. There was only one graduation photo of my grandmother, Lucille Marie Cunningham. A person outside the family has taken this photo and refuses to even give us a copy. I know she graduated from kingston highschool in pennsylvania in 1933 and the yearbook was called The Kingstonian. The only thing I can find on line is a listing of all the names from that year but no photos. Can someone guide me in the right direction. I would love to be able to give this photo to my father as he was very close to his mother.

      Thank you
    • Bloodhound; Kermit
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 24, 2011
        I did a Google on KINGSTON HIGH SCHOOL PENNSYLVANIA 1933

        THIS appears to be a scan of the 1933 Kingston High yearbook
        http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Kingston-High-School/73797?
        and the High School "classmates" page is at
        http://www.classmates.com/directory/school/Kingston%20High%20School?org=6858

        If the high school still exists, you can try contacting their alumni office and see if they have historical copies of their yearbooks.
        If the high school has since closed, you can try contacting their local community library and see if THEY have any copies of the Kingstonian yearbooks.

        - Tom Knox

        --- In genealogyresearchclub@yahoogroups.com, "dhartomine" <dhartomine@...> wrote:

        > I'm hoping someone can help me out. There was only one graduation photo of my grandmother, Lucille Marie Cunningham. A person outside the family has taken this photo and refuses to even give us a copy. I know she graduated from kingston highschool in pennsylvania in 1933 and the yearbook was called The Kingstonian. The only thing I can find on line is a listing of all the names from that year but no photos. Can someone guide me in the right direction. I would love to be able to give this photo to my father as he was very close to his mother.
        >
        > Thank you

      • s
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2011
          Classmates.com has yearbooks for viewing as well as you can buy a reprint.
          Hers is here http://www.classmates.com/yearbooks/Kingston-High-School/73797
          If a member u can view it, not sure though, maybe u don't need to be a member but prolly do.
          If not, I saved a pic of the page she is on and am sending to your private email.
          Sunny

          I'm hoping someone can help me out. There was only one graduation photo of my grandmother, Lucille Marie Cunningham. A person outside the family has taken this photo and refuses to even give us a copy. I know she graduated from kingston highschool in pennsylvania in 1933 and the yearbook was called The Kingstonian. The only thing I can find on line is a listing of all the names from that year but no photos. Can someone guide me in the right direction. I would love to be able to give this photo to my father as he was very close to his mother.

          Thank you

        • Lori

            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 25, 2011
              Yes, I have done so and did in this case.
              I just hit the PRT SCR (print screen) button, then open Paint program (or any view/edit image viewer)
              and PASTE. Then do any cropping etc. and SAVEAS.
              I signed out and was still able to view the pages.
              Sunny